Fell off a roof, ankles broken no window cleaning for 4 months... advice?

I havent mentioned this on the forum, but my back is really jacked up right now. Broken in 3 spots and completely blown out and herniated disks.

I cant lift anything of any weight really above10 lbs. Itll probably be like that till the end of the year. I cant walk well, and with a lot of pain pills im still crooked. I thank god everyday, I have staff in place to work and pay the bills. I would be absolutely screwed with out them. If I had to go clean windows everyday, I couldn’t do it… i would probably lose my house and basically everything…

Im not trying to spin this about me, but just to give you and hopefully some others some insite as to why its nice to have a few staff members in place.

Good look Joe, build the business up and come back stronger… You can do it! And of course we are here to help.

Joe I hope you recover quickly.
Chris, did this happen snowboarding?

I’m so sorry to hear about your ankle. I hurt my back pretty seriously 4 years ago. Just as anyone who has a serious injury knows, you never think it will happen to you until it does. I thought i was bulletproof. Literally did nothing different, just carried my ladder just as i had done 1,000 times before and somehow my back didn’t like it that time. It took me a year to really heal.
I look at my injury as a gift now. I really had to rely on my employees during that time, and I had to place much less emphasis on "me’ being the company, and more on me being the face of my company. It allowed me to let go of a lot of my growth fears, and it also allowed me a great excuse to let go of all the customers I didn’t want, but hadn’t had the guts to fire up until that point.
I hope that you can spin this into something positive for yourself. It is possible

Wish you a speedy recovery…turn it into a positive, a focus on the marketing may easy the pain Good Luck to you Bro…

Ankle Strengthening Following Broken Ankle - Ask the Experts - PhysioRoom.com

Ankle Rehab link

Aloha
Bubba

Mike C
Mission Window Cleaning
Los Angeles

[COLOR=“navy”]Rest in Peace Simon Hill / sam44ification [/COLOR]

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/members/sam44ification.html

Signs of recovery for window cleaner Simon Hill « Shropshire Star

Simon’s last 3 post…

Gravity works the same in all the world ! Please be safe…
Dangerous

I am sorry same think happened to me 5 years ago I broke my ankle and my wrist after surgery it tooks 6 months to return fields took about year dont give up iam running on the treatmill rightnow i got 4 screws in my ankle get weel soon
georges window cleaning

Dang thanks for the call. I dont have my phone but i’ve been checking my messages remotely. Thanks for all the support guys.

Bro they put me through the gammet of pain killers. Versed, Diloten, Diazepam and of course morphine button :slight_smile: It feels much better now that it has the external fixators on it. Before every time I shifted I could feel bones grinding.

Hey Bubba look on the bright side, if your going to be forced to sit around on your ass all day while stoned out of your mind on painkillers-- Honolulu is great place to do it!:wink:

Bubba are you in the hospital ? I thought maybe you were at home ! Dude I hope all goes well for you …

Give me a call when ever you can…

Your Friend Dange

What lurks beneath? Im kind of glad i’m not the only one though because othrwise i would look like a total kook. It’s scary to know someone died like that, not only that though, there were ot anchor points. It should be our mission to devolop something that can prevent t his fom happening again. like those spelling errors? Thats the drugs

Georgie…

I’ve got you beat, 13 screws a metal plate, a cadavers bone implant, about a one inch square Plus we’re both alive, knock on wood.

Davie

Dude I should of know that you were in the hospital, I know what your going through ! I was there for 2 weeks…I had a low grade fever so they kept me there for fear I might be getting a bone infection !

Bubba I’m praying for you ! Keep the faith Dude…

Dave

oh dude, they used an external fixator. they used a rod in mine because they said those external fixators are terrible.
you don’t want to see it…

No fever but I got a mean headache. My hasnt totally returned to normal. They got me on o2 and it’s helping.

Yeah im VERY lucky and already able to make jokes about it. I always wondered how I would respond if a doc came in and told me something like “you probabaly wont run again” I told i dont worry your gonna do a killer job and i’ll be back. He was much more chipper about the outlook after the fixator was on.

As for the fixator being nasty I dont mind, i’ve seen so many of them as a flight medic. Seems like everyone who gets blown up in iraq or afghanistan gets one. I mean it takes A LOT to bother me like that lol.

When i got to the hospital i was totally blasted, they gave me dilanten before they pulled the ankle back into place. (that was super painful btw) but then they had me go up holding area and I set up for an employee to go pick everything up then coordinated with another power washer window cleaner for house wash.

I called them and apologized and they were telling me that they would be recommending me to everyone because of my professionalism and speed. I was a bit taken back by the support I’ve been getting from customers. They arent treating me like a lepor.

And above all my wife has been so incredible. I gotta give her props for not getting all grossed out when emptying pee bottles and sponge bathes. I feel vulnerable to say the least.

I too am sorry this happened to you. Broken ankles must be the deal for the month. My main guy shattered his ankle 2 weeks ago. He wasn’t working though, he was being stupid and drinking. Luckily I had already done several interviews and found a guy with 20+ years of experience. God always takes care of me :slight_smile:

But training him on how we run our operation and the locations of all the monthly will take months.

Hope you feel better and like someone else said, it’s a great time to sell in a wheelchair.

What the?
How did all that happen Chris? Motorcycles? Work?
You’re too young for all that back trouble

That really, really hurts just looking at it
You just had those videos of yourself on Kevin’s forum and now to see this is wild. Hope you have a smooth and quick recovery.

Ummm… yes :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that man! I sure hope this turns out to be a good opportunity to get some more accounts since you won’t be busy cleaning.

Take car and heal well… of course there is another + side to this… your in Hawaii!!! At least you have a good view my friend.

Chris, sorry to hear that man. I hope things heal up well for you too!