First day with wfp

Just before the snow flies I landed a commercial job that let me justify a wfp cart for rhg. Great product, Shawn and thanks for all your help. Things I learned on the first day - 6 hours.

1. Check all your connections before you leave home or make sure there is a big box hardware store in the town you are working in.
  2. Do bring and use caution signs even if you usually don’t.
  3. Don’t lean over the spigot when disconnecting your feed line.
  4. For each hour of operation, a 28 foot fiberglass pole gets 15% heavier.
  5. Keep your second break on your very first day, after 4 hours, real short or you may be too stiff to move.
  6. Extend your pole by keeping your brush on the glass, lifting the end off the groud, openning a clamp and letting the pole slide down rather than lifting the entire pole off the ground and off the glass with one hand, openning a clamp and raising the next section with the other hand. (Does that make sense?)
  7. Hoses have a mind of their own.
  8. Bring along an a channel lock, you can chip teeth teeth trying to loosen a garden hose from a spiggot with your teeth.
  9. Put out your yard signs and make your equip as visible as possible when on site. It leads to booking additional work.
  10. If someone asks you where they can get ‘one of those’ ask them how many zeros they want to invest in 2 story windows, then hand them a business card. It leads to booking additional work.
  11. Wear warm, surdy, waterproof shoes when its November in Wisconsin and you are using a wfp.
  12. Keep you shut off valve close at hand by hanging your 3/8" hose through a caribiner on your belt.
  13. Figure out a cleaning patter and stick with it, otherwise you will forget where you are at in the process.
  14. Make sure all the windows are tightly closed. Thought of this one about 6 windows in, paniced, went back and checked. They were.
  15. A rhg cart weighs about 85 pound dry and about 1.5 tons wet at the end of a long day.
  16. A ramp is not needed to load and unload a rhg cart from a full size van. One person can do it. Ask and I’ll tell you. Shawn, I have a modification suggestions. I’ll send you a pm.
  17. Use velcro tie straps to control rebellious hoses in your work vehicle.

Eric

Interesting observations Eric. Sounds like it went fairly well.

But

1. A ramp is not needed to load and unload a rhg cart from a full size van. One person can do it.

You gotta 'splain me this one too.

Glad it went well man.

:smiley: Love it Eric.

Silver Squeegee,

After pricing ramps, both prefab and DIY with boards and hardware, I got to thinking, “There has got to be an easy way to load and unload this thing, whether its 85 pounds or 1.5 tons.” I backed it up to the back of the van and went, duh. Just tip it on its back and slide it into the van. Problem is, now I’s shifting my rubber matting and/or scratching a nice paint job on the cart. So, got to thinking how I can add wheels to the handle so the mats don’t shift while I’m pusing it in? There are hardware options to attach wheels to the handle, and just as I was about to leave the store with wheels, bolts, drill bits, a new arch welder, matching red paint (just kidding, but I can use any modification to justify tool purchases), etc. I saw a small three wheeled piano caster ($3.00). A lot of people with pianos put one of these under each leg of the piano to make it easy to move. So, solution is this. Back cart to van back door. Put down three wheeled piano caster just inside back door of van. Tip cart back until middle of handle rests in piano caster. Lift the bottom off the ground. Slide unit it. Set cart wheels on deck. Works great. Block wheels on cart to keep it from rolling around, whether you store laying it down or stand it up.

Eric

I think alot of people with $3.00 casters attach pianos to them as well…