First Snowfall Today

Yes I believe it does reflect whats called in NJ our “experience rating”, and that directly effects our payroll.

I doubt that a form like this would be legal. It’s up to the government, not the employer to determine if an individual is entitled to unemployment insurance. Especially if the employee is contributing to the unemployment fund.

Your best bet is to check with a Labor board and check what the deal is with seasonal work. Here in Canada, regardless of the hiring/letting go circumstances, it’s up to the individual employee to file a claim for unemployment insurance benefits and it will be processed based on reason for leaving employer (indicated on a employment record) and amount contributed over time.

Back the the original subject of this thread…its supposed to be -21 degrees Celcius here tonight …should be just nice to work in tomorrow lol (im not sure what that is in Fahrenheit…for our American WC’s on this site lol)

That would be -6 Fahrenheit. But the official temp would be ‘Cold’

and cold it was, my first job was a new job too at 830 am. it was -18C and a windchill so it felt more like -24C i was pretty much the only person on the street lol lots of looks form people in their cars though! I like to stress to my clients that there is no weather that i wont take care of their windows in. I am surprised it was so cold this early into winter…today it was only 0 degrees…weird weather these days!

Crazy, in the last week I’ve had two people (not customers) yell to me from the street, “It’s too cold for cleaning windows!”

I don’t know if they were being serious or just looking out for my well being but their comments stung a little, like I didn’t know what I was doing or something.:o That sting went away fast though when I got paid. :smiley:

The most insulting comments I find are the ones that “joke”, can you clean my car windows? Like I’m a squeegee kid or something.

Mikep, i get that all the time, my answer is " you know sir or mam’ there is a little switch my your steering wheel, you turn it and you get two of your very own window cleaners right on your windshield." most see the sarcasm, and laugh it off.
ALTHOUGH about 10 yrs ago while i worked in New Liskeard washing windows, i was doing a Husky truck stop and a truck driver came and asked if id clean his windows on his truck…they were flat glass so i said sure…he then bought me lunch…i figured it was a nice gesture.

I think if I ever got that one I would quote it with ‘house’ per pane rates and keep as straight a face as possible. LOL

My standard answer is “for $25 I can”, that usually ends it. although some have actually talked to me about it, but no one has ever taken me up on it, and I just go back to work. if anybody ever does take me up on it I’ll raise my reponse to $30

Besides my YP ad it’s all about the refferals. My customers love me and want to make sure I have enough work. In fact a couple of my customers keep asking me to let them know when I have enough work cause then they’ll stop passing out my name so I don’t get overwhelmed. I love my customers!:wink: