Fish prices

For new construction?

In my area some Fish owners price low and some price regular. It depends on the owner. So you can not ask this question on this forum and expect an accurate answer. We do not know if the fish franchise in your area is trying to under price themselves out of business. Only you would know for sure. The smart ones charge what the market will bear.

4 Likes

no regular windows much really do not get much more for new either about $375.00

Okay, you need to understand that there is a huge difference between cleaning regular or new windows and cleaning post construction windows, commonly called CCU (construction clean up).

CCU involves removal of debris by sloppy construction workers. i.e. paint, stucco, tape, cement, and any other contaminants that get splattered on the windows during the construction phase. That is why charging 2 or 3 times regular price comes into play.

Inspect and make notes of each window before you bid so no surprises.

Fish is a franchise. The franchise owner buys an area that they have the sole right to sell in. Other Fish owners don’t directly compete. They will work together at times to provide pricing for larger areas, but they have pricing autonomy. Each Fish owner prices a little differently. What you might find in your area may be distinctly different than others. Maybe dgalkin can comment here as he is a Fish franchise owner.

4 Likes

I appreciate all the advice maybe a better question is how much would you guys charge on a new construction average size window pane? With it having stickers, glue, paint, doing the frames with some mud etc… . I really just need a plumb line to work off of so to speak. So first story no ladder and 2nd story on anew extension?

Correction, on an extension ladder

Garry answered that for you…

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

maybe they knew you were a competitor? IDK

@Jared is correct in his statement.

@badboybabin3 I would suggest if you are asking these questions about CCU that you take your “normal” pricing and raise it up by 6-10x. You will need the buffer to cover your learning curve if you don’t have experience with CCU. I would also either call the FISH office and find out why they are no longer doing that job, or ask your customer. Perhaps the customer is one that they fired? Most builders, in my area at least, are notoriously cheap and very difficult to work for.

2 Likes

Nah…At the time I wasn’t in the window business. I was looking to sub contract out the work on my post construction clean ups. Glass wasn’t my thing then - it scared me haha

1 Like

Pretty bold asking for competitors pricing but remarks here about franchises differences in pricing is correct. In ne region we literally have over a dozen of them,some lowball others know what they’re doing and price correctly. Personally i work with 2 of them,the largest is a cutthroat lowballer who,steals from his fellow franchises and a lot stay small and avoid pcc and hirise.