Free giveaway

Hi all, this will be my first winter in business and I was wondering what is the best thing to mix with water so that my mixture doesn’t freeze. I live in Calgary, Alberta so the temp should get to -20. Any suggestions?

I’ve heard of some using rubbing alcohol or windshield washing fluid. I think you should probably investigate thse further, as they may have some negative health side effects. I’m not sure if they would help at that cold of a tempature anyhow. I’m glad it doesn’t get that cold here.

I realized that so I changed the subject before i looked like a goof, maybe too late

I don’t live in cold weather at all, even when it’s “cold” it is still shirt and sandal worthy…but I have read in some other forums that using a little anti-freeze works. I’m not an expert on that though. Just throwing something out I heard.

Rudner>> I live in Northern Ontario , and am probably from what i can see the most northern member of this site. I use with great success, winter windsheild washer fluid, go for the purple -45 stuff. Use a bit less water, and keep adding the stuff until you see the water is not freezing, add a bit less soap than usual since the WWF has detergent in it. Play with the ratio’s until you find something that works.
Yeah Calgary has temps that fluctuate very quickly. I hear its cold out there right now eh?

Don’t you mean [SIZE=“3”]A[/SIZE]?
:slight_smile:

Chris and Alex use Racing fuel!!

We use denatured alcohol

no it’s spelled eh

ya its getting cold, some days last week had highs of 5 and 6. What part of Northern Ontario, i was born in thunder bay

Aha, you’ve got Eric beat. He’s in North Bay. Still frickin way north for this Toronto guy.

Ha! Northernmost member no longer! Calgary boy is further north now. But Eric, your winters are still the coldest I bet. Although you don’t get snow in September like Calgary does sometimes.

I use methyl hydrate in the winter. I find it much better than wwf. I hate the bad soap in wwf, and it doesn’t work til -40c like it says.

I buy methyl hydrate at home depot in the 4 litre containers. it costs $6.33 + tax (although in Calgary you don’t have to pay provincial sales tax)

I use methyl hydrate in the winter. I find it much better than wwf. I hate the bad soap in wwf, and it doesn’t work til -40c like it says.

I buy methyl hydrate at home depot in the 4 litre containers. it costs $6.33 + tax (although in Calgary you don’t have to pay provincial sales tax)

Tip: Always use cold water when mixing with antifreeze. Using hot water, will cause the alcohol to evaporate, meaning you need to use way more.

How is business in Calgary. Can you charge crazy high prices there because the economy is smoking, and inflation is thru the roof?

is calgary more north? lol at least if its cold in the morning here in North Bay its still cold in afternoon. i have family in Calgary, they have told me of the chinooks that drastically change the weather in a very short time!

We actually do use racing fuel (methanol) in Ohio.
I just carry some in a soap bottle and squirt it on scrubber when needed. Don’t put any in the water till it gets below zero because it cuts down on glide.

Here is a real free giveaway - you have around 10 hours left:

http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2008/09/water-fed-pole-academy-giveaway.html

can you use that software on a mac?

Doesn’t look like it.

that sucks, it looks pretty neat and simple to use.