Freezing Water Help

I am so glad we don’t deal with that here in California. We have rain.

i use a glug of car antifreeze straight in my bucket of rainwater . they dont sell the methanol antifreeze anymore over here in England (as i believe its illegal and toxic) but the ethylene glycol antifreeze works for me. i make a rainwater bucket last all day as antifreeze is pricey now,like everything !

I use to use methanol, but not like others I now use 50/50 with winshield washer fluid, the purple stuff (does not slush up as much). But as I get older I find myself staying indoors more often.

I’d have to agree with Tony on the bottle method.

I use denatured alcohol because it’s easy to buy. I pick up a couple gallons at home depot or lowes when I need more.

I like to carry a 22 oz pre mixed bottle of alcohol and water in a pouch on my belt. I also have a larger bottle floating in my bucket of plain soapy water for when I need more.

I have a bottle of regular water and soap in the bucket as well so I can switch bottles for inside work. I also switch from the alcohol mixture bottle to plain when it warms up.

Isn’t antifreeze toxic, too?!? I always hear accounts of pets drinking it an dying.

Hi everyone. I like to keep 300 gallons of DI water in my garage for the winter. When I need it it is pumped into my smaller tank in my van and what I need of methanol. Then my waterfed pole is ready to go.The use of rubbing alcohol sounds cheaper.