Getting Jobs?

I started a window cleaning business about a month ago but I am having trouble getting jobs. While every customer I have done work for has been very happy with what I’ve done, I can’t seem to land many new ones.
-I’ve went door to door to tons of storefronts, but the main problem is that an owner never seems to be there. I still give my pitch, but with little success.
-I’ve went door to door at residential homes; my main problem here is that at the majority of houses, nobody answers the door. I have went out in both mornings and afternoons, but with the same result. Are there any suggestions as to what days (maybe saturdays) or times are best for this?
I’ve posted quite a few ads online and while I don’t have a website yet, I am ranked number 1 on google. I understand a website is important, but I need to get more work so that I have pictures to use on the web.
Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Like

If you can invest in door hangers then distribute them in well to do neighborhoods; they work. You won’t get everyone but you will get enough to pay for the door hangers as well as pay for your services. Be sure to include that you do residential, store front, and offices. People who own homes have a place of business either they own or work at. When you land a residential let them know you can give a free quote for their office or business if they would like. Never hurts to ask.
Do you have a "Neighborhood App in your area? Advertise for free there. When you do land a job ask if they are on “Neighborhood”, “Angies List”, et cetera - then if so ask if they will give you a review.
Stop in to the hair salons and ask if you can leave a few flyers. Ladies who spoof up their do may just want you to do their windows! If the Salon is reluctant offer to do their windows half price to allow you a spot for flyers on the counter. (Have appropriate flyers ready).

3 Likes

Noted.
Will be creating some door hangers & flyers, I was wondering about the effectiveness of them.
Seems like right now a major component is just getting my business out there and heard of.
Thank you

1 Like

Join WCRA, they have hundreds of marketing templates for door hangers, Facebook ads, postcards, EDDM, etc. that you can customize as your own. Read the Window Cleaners Blueprint, a lot of helpful information, spreadsheets, forms, and strategies for marketing. Definitely get a website going, most of my customers find me via Google as I would imagine a lot of other Window Cleaners here.

1 Like