Good Books

It was common practice ~8-10 years ago to toss that book at those employees who didn’t respond well to organizational change, but I didn’t find that it was really effective for my audience.

My solution was increased one-on-one time with focus on successes and further employee development, including increasing skill sets and added responsibility (where appropriate.)

true dat, I read it in a whole different light but can see how you could relate it to biz. great book, if I recall correctly I think I read it in a couple of hours, short and sweet.

[B]Karl[/B]: Heres another one…“Rules for Renegades” by Christine Comaford-Lynch

Very inspiring and instructive.

Yeah, they made me read that one.
:rolleyes:

Guerilla Marketing is a great book. I read it months ago. Also E-Myth

Oh you are talking about buying homes in forclosure?
over here you would never find a million homes in forclosure…
we have on average one home going into forclosure per day!!!

so how are you going to pay the mortgage on the homes you buy?
you will have a hard time shifting them for their “true” price.
also think about why these homes are in forclosure

sure, follow trends but in an economic climate such as now how can you be sure of appreciation…if you are right in what you are saying how come millions of first time buyers are now facing negative equity??

answer me this…there is no definative way of predicting fluctuations in any market…yes you can make educated guesses but can never be sure…

maybe you guys have a strong economy over there at the moment…(judging by the no. of forclosures you dont),but just wait till the hard times and then you’l see what i am talking about.

anyhow just my opinion about debts…and buying a 200k hse for 100k, not always that easy

Thats my point, if you are not stupid with debt be it credit card or other wise it can help you grow your business…its just unfortunate people who have made bad decisions who can really get in trouble in regards of debt…

I’m writing all these down & I’m off to the book shop when this thread dies down. Whens your book release date Kevin?

Karl do you listen to AUDIO books? I am starting to enjoy that a lot more lately. Its also been easier for me to absorb concepts this way. + there usually a lot cheaper… oh and your ipod should be there soon.

No, not mad on audio books. I have to keep rewinding - I drift into another state!
I’m not in the truck long enough to really get into it either. Besides that we have one of the highest death tolls in Europe on the road - call it a natural cull, we run at 2 a week in off season (200k population).

True that, swiping your card for new clothes does not make your business become more profitable :slight_smile:

I try and justify that every now and then

lets call it the “business appearance quality control” excuse:D

yeah, new shoes are key expense right?:stuck_out_tongue: gotta keep my back aligned and keep my knees comfortable

Always judge a man by his shoes…jk

That’s funny you say that because one of the first things I look at is a persons shoes…I know it sounds weird, but shoes and clothing speak many words about a person.

I am wearing what looks like an old pair of beaters.

They are italian running shoes that look just like my old Asics. The only difference is the dirt, comfort, and $120 price difference.

I paid $49 for the Asics, but they can’t touch the Mizuno.

Interesting thread BTW.

I’m reading “Duct Tape Marketing” by John Janstch, and is in mt “john” so is being read 1 chapter at a time.

CHeck http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/ got a lot of articles & resources, really helpful.

I have only read excerpts out of a business magazine… BUT…

“Made to Stick”

Looks like a great book.

Will let you know when the storm of my life quiets down a little and I can read again.

BNI (Business Networking International) sells a lot of books if you want to check and see if any interest you.

I would very much like it, if no one else has claimed it.

I’m reading it now but I’ll send it on to you when I’m done if you PM me your address.

Thanks, Chris!