Greed

I told her something similar, stating it’s just formulas based on what im counting. If what comes out works for her, great. If not, no problem.

1 Like

How’d you like to be their landscaper? Uh, how much to cut every other blade of grass, and only trim the front 180 degrees of every third crepe myrtle?

5 Likes

I know a guy who says he is no longer interested in working for them when they mention someone who did it for less. He heads for the door and that’s the end of the estimate. He won’t work for them even if they beg to pay the price quoted because it has never worked out in his experience. Ones they mention “that” other cleaner everything changes.

I usually say “my service isn’t for everybody”

8 Likes

That’s how they afford 5 mil houses. :joy:

4 Likes

A psychopath has lost touch with reality a sociopath has a good grasp on reality.

Someone who thinks to get good quality work for that little a price has definitely lost touch with reality. Therefore . . . Psychopath :joy:

4 Likes

So the media are a group of psychopaths? I can see that.

Covefe forever!

1 Like

She says 250 max? I’d do it for that lol.

I have been a little loose with negotiating. I agree to stick with consistent prices but I also feel like in the beginning, every one counts.

For example: I did an exterior job last week on a good size two storey house. I only charged her 150 because she sent me to her neighbours as well so I lowered the price. 1 of those neighbours owns a residential building company and it may lead to a ton of work.

Ya never know what low balling might turn into.

Might turn into nothing and then I’ll definitely stick to prices lol.

1 Like

Frankly
Don’t get into that habit I’d retired 5 years ago “from all the work I’m gonna get you” guy.

Charge full price, it will help you not chase your tail

8 Likes

Sure, we’ve all been young and needed the money. But after she calls you back 14 times because you didn’t clean that one window right… it gets old real quick.

2 Likes

I have told a customer before that I will clean up to their price of windows and stop when I reach that limit. Main windows only, no bedrooms, no bathrooms, no second story of huge home. Gave me a spot on my schedule for a paying customer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True.

I definitely need what I can take at the moment but I’ll be jumping on all your guys page once I make it full time.

3 Likes

Not bad! Some extra coin.

1 Like

Tell her you don’t have an opening till August…(pause) then say 2018. That would be funny!

6 Likes

Is there a difference between money hungry and greed?

1 Like

Money hungry is to want. Greed is to want it all.

GREAT! I’m in the clear. Albeit by a very small margin. Lol

3 Likes

Sure…only that was a lie. I thought, “Oh sweet, it only came out to $217!” She refused that price.

3 Likes

Oh snap…i forgot you wrote that part. My bad.

How can you say no to that price for that work?

She must be on one high horse.

“Ma’am, if you are trying to find an a price you can afford perhaps you could place a wanted ad. I understand ads on Craigslist are free.”

4 Likes

Just got quote rejected in Concord MA, one of the wealthiest towns in the state. House being sold, needs it done in next 2 weeks. Real estate agent works at the William Raveis office where i clean their windows for the last 3 or 4 years…

38 6x1 true divided, 46 total windows $1005.

And i just realized i didn’t charge them for a french slider, lol. The real estate agent told me she could get it for $400 from the guy who cleans her house.

Why do i never think to ask “Why didn’t you just ask him to do it?” oh well.

So we move on.

7 Likes