Green Rubber

There are only 1,000 pieces of this green rubber available in the country. Unger made a small run:

Unger ErgoTec Soft Green Rubber 10 Packs

Yes!!!

On it!

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Used one yesterday and quickly remembered why I switched to ettore rubbers and never looked back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I wasn’t impressed with the rubber in the Unger squeegee either… But! I put it in my wagtail, used it on a pole and it redeemed itself.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

[MENTION=27673]ProWindowCleaning[/MENTION]

enjoy the next ten windows. they will be awesome. the next ten will be a nightmare :slight_smile:

seriously though, i used unger softs for probably five years. hundreds and hundreds of rubbers. finally got fed up with how quickly they seemed to wear, and tried the ettore’s. the difference was pretty remarkable. i got a green rubber with the unger anniversary kit i bought, so i thought “what the heck, i’ll try one out.” it was ok for about an hour (this was on a job with about a million divided-lights) and then it just plain wore out.

have you tried the wagtail rubber in the wagtail? i actually kind of like it. i don’t like it for my regular squeegees (too hard) but i was impressed with how it did in a wagtail slimline on a pole.

I have 2 wagtail squeegees, I love them both (14" combi, 18" flipper) both great when used in the right situation. The wagtail rubber is all I use in them, unless I run out.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

The wagtail rubber seems kind of hard too me, especially in the spring. I think it is designed for the extreme heat of Australia. I like Ettore soft in spring and Ettore hard in summer. I think Pulex rubber is my second favorite. Good quality and for a little cheaper.

I think the tool quality of the Unger handles* is better than Ettore, however. Ettore still has the best rubber, IMO for most of the U.S. climates. Maybe wagtail rubber would be perfect for Florida,

• as a testament to Unger’s tool quality, I still have my first Zero degree handle in use for 4 years and it is still perfectly functional. Their green nylon injected plastic is tough as nails.

[MENTION=4338]greenj26[/MENTION]

jesse, you should start your own rubber company and call it “green rubber”

I love all of my Unger tools, my Ettore rubber in everything but my wagtails… I wish I had my Unger zero degree handle, over the winter it was cold that when I dropped it that it broke in half

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

I wish they would sell Ettore or Pulex rubber in a big spool so you could justcut off what you want. If this exists (apart from wagtail rubber) I will feel pretty dense.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. :slight_smile:

i reckon the reason they dont is because the rubber would take on a curve profile if it didnt lay flat . just a guess

i just buy a gross or a dozen 36" lengths and cut to fit whatever channel i need. that seems to be the most economical and versatile way to do it.

I think if the spool were big enough, there would be no curvature problem. I store 18’" rubbers in a big plastic jar. Haven’t had any curving issue. They sell the wagtail rubber in a spool.

More window cleaners should ask Ettore to sell a spool of rubber like wagtail. They would give it too us if the demand was there. I think it would be more efficient and lead to less wasted rubber.

I guess the most efficient way currently is buying 36" in gross like @c_winiger

I have an 18" gross Ettore and I don’t use much else bigger, other than a 24" for my Ninja. I just buy those a couple dozen at a time since I barely use that squeegee and when I do it is almost always for straight pulls on a pole.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

I don’t see why it couldn’t be done. I’m sure that they make it in longer lengths and then cut it to size. If I’m not mistaken Chris and Alex toured the factory and wrote an piece about it.

The rubber does start longer… you can see a bit of how they do it here: https://shopwindowcleaner.com/blog/2013/03/inside-ettore-video-tour/