Greetings All!

Hello everyone. First and foremost, i have to say this is a great site, and very informative as well. I love the videos…hope to see more as i go on this quest for information and know-how in this business. Also thank you in advance for helping a “green” person like myself , who is wanting to venture into this business, make my first steps.

I reside here in Texas, and stumbled upon this business from sheer curiosity . I wandered who cleaned the windows for busy businesses, and then thought it would be a service needed by homeowners as well, so i did research and found out people were making a living at it . Next i researched and researched, and figured i would be a fool, if i didn’t at least try to make something of this. So here i am a month later, and think i can be great at this. I already ordered some business cards, i got my tools,and ladder, truck, and already have sales, customer service background to get me started. Not to mention dedication, and persistence to boot.

I have done a whopping 1 house so far, and i am hooked. I did however run across a problem with paint on a few screens on the house. I have since then read up on the screen thread that was about ten pages long (which i read ever single one) :D. I didn’t see anything on there about paint cleaning. I assume they need to be replaced, but i thought i would ask the experts first…so i know next time.
1.So how do u remove paint from screens??
2.Also Can anyone tell me were i can find some helpful audio pertaining to the WC biz i can download and listen in the truck??

I appreciate you guys feed back and look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!
Abel

Welcome!

Replacement is necessary, though paint thinner on aluminum screens works with poor results.

Can anyone tell me were i can find some helpful audio pertaining to the WC biz i can download and listen in the truck??

April 15, 2008 you can get a whole book on it, called “The Naked Window Cleaner”, in mp3 format…

Stay tuned!

Replacement is necessary, though paint thinner on aluminum screens works with poor results.

OK…that is the answer i thought i would get. Now i have to figure out how to replace them.

Thanks!
Abel

OK…that is the answer i thought i would get. Now i have to figure out how to replace them.

Thanks!
Abel

I will definitely be looking forward to it!

How much is it?

thanks
Abel

Here is a screen repair video for you.

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/showthread.php5?p=4852#post4852