Greetings

Hello everyone. My name is BJ. I’m cleaning on a very part time basis. I’ve read many of the posts and they have been very helpful. Thanks! I have a question. A friend of mine lives in a very old home. Lots of work has been done by many owners over the years. He has a group of windows that are “stained”. Looks like they were possibly sprayed with something that was used to strip, clean, or seal nearby woodwork. The “stains” are almost a blue-ish tint.

Any ideas? Are the windows ruined?

You guys seem pretty tight from reading the posts. I hope I don’t say anything to get myself black-balled. :confused:

Again, thanks for all the great info you’re putting out on the boards.

Happy Holidays,
BJ

Hey BJ glad to see you made it to the forum. Ive talked to BJ a couple of times and hes a great guy. Welcome aboard BJ!

What up BJ! Welcome WCR

Oh and sorry I don’t know about the window stains, any chance you could get a pic?

If you’re okay by Chris, you’re okay by me…

Can definitely take some pics. Not sure if they’ll show up. Thanks.

Welcome!

I was at a tire shop the other week and noticed that the windows have a stained look as well. There is tint on the inside so I figured it was old tint that had some abrasion spots from people kicking the door or people dragging tires in and out of the entrances…basically the windows have scuff marks all over them. Now I don’t know if this would work in your position but it worked wonders for me. Someone mentioned mineral spirits to remove the stains in the windows (looked like abrasion scuffs on tint) and it came right out!!!

thanks matt. will give it a try.

Welcome BJ! You should be OK if you get under Phil’s protection.:wink:

what he said

Too early to tell if BJ needs protection. he got cleared by Don Chris so he must be in da family.

BJ, we have some rules here. No one is sure what they are so no one knows when or if they break one. But, every now and then one of us just vanishes.

You’ll find a lot of good info here. Somewhere. One or two posts about something window cleaning related. But they are rare. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the circus. Grab your favorite bevy, put on your seat-belt and try not to leave the TV on when Chris is asleep.

The Canadian kids like to talk about how cold it is up there…but I have no idea how cold that really is since they use the meteor system. If you really want to feel useful right up front, start translating to me how cold it is when they use a C after the numbers.

Glad ta have ya.

Oh…before i forget…

windows are never ruined until they are broken. ANY pane can be restored…but at what cost.