Gunslinger

How long does reach it own rights for the gunslinger? Any chance in the future you can get it back and do it right like you intended?!

1 Like

I know it’s impossible, just stroking the pole!!

Great YouTube channel btw, turned me on to mrs Meyer bottles!!

perry will try to ruin me before he gives up rights.

2 Likes

Well Richie don’t know you personally but from all I’ve seen you seem like a stand up guy and sorry to see what could of been (and from what I’ve read and seen was) a great product get turned to what it is. I’m glad I bought a second hand one and didn’t give them my money. Hope it gets brought back to its rightful owner and wish you the best buddy

Yea most manufacturers have way less than a 1% defect warranty rate… Like way less… Almost non measurable.

With this situation we are literally talking about 30 - 50% of the products fail right out out of the box. That just isnt fair. The problems continue to get hidden and covered up and people continue to get ripped off.

3 Likes

This is simply not true. You can make the argument that he should have used better judgement and not did business with Perry but that’s easy to say in hind sight and it doesn’t make him at fault for Perry’s actions.

As for the drama it’s not about people being immature but about needing to bring everything out in the open to clear their name. Richie and the guys who promoted the product had guys coming to then feeling ripped off by them because they out their names behind the product. The drama wasn’t theirs. They were simply doing their best to clean up the destucrik caused by Perry’s approach to selling half baked products to fund their completion at the exoense of the consumer. Selling them a defective product and then when they call him on it his response is to buy a new one and he will refund them the money for the second. Lol! Really! How about send me a new one that works and send a prepaid shipping label and I’ll ship the old on back or just refund my money for the first one and I’ll send it back.

It’s quite clear from reading their correspondence that Richie took way more responsability throughout the whole process then he needed to. The issue was his partner refused to do the same and the manufacturing decisions were out of his hands.

Looking at the situation I would say Perry didn’t fullfill his side of the contract. He didn’t manufacture the product as was his part of the agreement. He put out a different product then what was originally designed.

I don’t see any reputable product or comoany that outs out products the way he does. The idea that there is no “perfect” product only means that a product isn’t perfectly tailored to ebery individual. It doesn’t mean that a product shouldn’t be expected to work properly or to not break.

5 Likes

I usually wait for the first generation of products to be field tested by other consumers before buying them. Durability is a big factor that can only be known after a reasonable period of actual usage.

3 Likes

Yes, took the words right out of my mounth

took the words right out of my mouth

In fairness you are correct about this. But I’m not saying I have no ownership. In fact the opposite. I never once came on here or anywhere and claimed I’m a victim. I have no issues with the agreement even though it is very one sided. In hind sight would I have done things differently,? Absolutely, but split milk and all that, yes I get your point. My issues lay elsewhere. It’s easy to armchair quarterback any situation, but don’t judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Yes, I had a choice to get involved with Perry or not. So based on what you’re saying since I made the choice to get involved with him, it’s okay for him to whatever he wants? Um, I’m not getting what your trying to say. Remember, I’m not claiming to be a victim nor am I not owning my part.

2 Likes

Im glad your telling the story. The window cleaning community needs to know.

1 Like

3 Likes

Hahaha now that some good shit right there

I appreciate your position. For the record I didn’t take this beef public. I was responding to a video that was put out prior to the podcast I was on. Plus there are other factors that contributed to that podcast that you are not fully informed on. I’m not here to make a manufacture look bad either. After reading your posts I have come to realize you are seeing things through a certain lens. Which is fine, you are allowed to have your opinions just like everyone else.

The plastic rinse bar is quite nice.

What bothers me most about the whole Gunslinger saga is the way Reach-iT went about marketing it from the get-go. It wasn’t just presented as the latest, greatest thing to trad cleaning, instead it was marketed as the ‘plastic boab’ killer. They attacked all other holsters, including the newly released Samurai and gave the impression that there was some rivalry between Jared and Ritchie…when that couldn’t be further from the truth. The ‘us versus them’ cult mentality was heavily encouraged. All in all, I hope things work out better for Ritchie going forward.

4 Likes

Yep they totally manufactured a phony war / argument / attack. It was all fake.

1 Like

How was this done?

What do you mean by gave the “impression”?

Did they call them out by name simply compare the two tools?

I would think if I had a new design the best selling point is how different that it is from existing products and once you used it you would never go back to a previous product?

1 Like

On Facebook forums that they were heavily involved in (but not anymore). taking multiple jabs at plastic BOABs and egging on anyone who was posting up pics of broken/smashed plastic holsters, etc. encouraging/applauding anyone who put down the Samurai and other plastic holsters, (whether or not they even owned a Samurai). It is just a coincidence that the Samurai came out in the same year so it appeared to be targeted as inferior to the Gunslinger (without Reach-iT even trying/owning a Samurai). I doubt Reach-iT knew what a BOAB even was before Richie reached out to them and suddenly they acted like they were the experts of the trad holster.

3 Likes