Has anyone worked with homeadvisor.com?

Sometime in the next week I will be releasing a video on how to shoot JT (and all variants) down.
I would like to see a class action lawsuit, but it probably ain’t happening.

^this one has been on your to-do list for…awhile. IJS! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t fight it, Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resourcepcp bc
IyyDvb

I know you hate my hatred

What is JT

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/residential-window-cleaning/30924-jt-window-cleaning-home-advisor-service-magic.html

Wow … I can truly appreciate your thoughts & opinions on HA, I’ve looked at Ha , but there leads were to expensive for me as well. I hope I don’t regret saying thumbtack , but I have had great success with using there system , there’s no annual fee & leads for pressure washing & window cleaning are fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I just got called by them again today. Like Simon a few posts up, I can’t stand how they mumble what they are and try to make you think they’re a customer. When a company can’t just come out and say what the deal is, I shut my ears basically.

That was my first response to HA, I actually hung up on the guy because he started his pitch the same as the google calls. But then I started hearing radio advertisements for them and got on here and figured I’d try it. The closest JT is an hour north of me and we don’t have over lapping zip code coverage. But the whole fact that they are doing that gets me a bit fired up and changes the way I view HA.

Also just wondering, I see guys mention FISH on here all the time, and when I was looking for JT I noticed there was a FISH in Portland as well, are they a nation wide window cleaning company? or what is the deal there?

If you Google them you will find that they are a nationwide franchise. They spend a lot money on SEO, whcch is why they show up near the top of Google for most cities in the US. They can be aggressive too - one of their sales reps actually had the cheek to approach one of my guys, in uniform (my guy, not the sales rep), on a job, and gave him one of their hiring brochures! I wish I had been in the vicinity, but I just heard about it later. That was about 3 years ago, and I still have the brochure in my bag in case I ever see one of their reps again!

I signed up with HA when they sent me a large postcard giving me a $100 in free leads. I told them I didn’t want to be on “automatic re-enrollment” and they told me it’s company policy, that I’d have to cancel by email before my 90 days was up. Being that I’m a window cleaner and live on a very rainy Oregon coast I don’t need re-enrollment to cover December thru February. When they re-enrolled me I called them and talked to a supervisor who also refused to give me any refund, so I paid them to keep it from going on my credit. I then told them I didn’t want to be on automatic renewal and was told that the only way to turn off automatic renewal was if I turned off the account, and that if I did I would lose what was left of what I paid for, the unused portion of my second enrollment. I turned it off anyway and sent an email to the BBB. I shortly got a call from HA to resolve the issue so that I’d remove the BBB complaint. They sent me a refund and I will be removing the BBB complaint.

I think it’s crazy that contractors are paying just to be on HA, in addition to paying the high lead fees. I thought the whole idea of paying for each lead is to limit costs in the event that you aren’t getting many leads. What HA is doing with these membership fees is akin to if Google charged you for starting a pay-per-click campaign.

I was grandfathered in before they started charging for membership. If it wasn’t for that, I never would have signed up. The ROI just isn’t there for our area. Certain months of the year we don’t receive any leads.

Thought I would find something here. Bumping this old thread to make sure I get traction on this issue.

I have been speaking to HA now for the past week, kinda putting them off. So finally I gave the guy the time of day today and he told me the “membership fee” is actually to be listed on their directory under pro reviews. Now, he did show me that in my main areas where we serve there are only on average 2, maybe 3 companies listed on the directory. He also let me know (stated) that for our main 3 zip codes there were 11 surplus leads because the contractors turned down how many leads they wanted during the month. I don’t know if this is true or not but if there are as little companies on there as he states, and from what I saw in the directory, its plausible.

The leads are expensive in my area! $14 for the standard that goes to 3 contractors to fight over and $27-$54 for a dedicated lead that is sent to you only. Thumbtack is $3 and we clean up on that all day.

Now, to do the directory its super cheap for the year at $288. Don’t care about that. I also don’t like that they are not charging me for the background or an “initial signup” fee except for the directory charge but that’s optional. Although, I think if you are going with something like this, you might as well try to get as many free leads as possible.

So once again, I’d like to get some feedback on this service. Their site definitely looks like its come much farther than when I looked at their site about 12-18 months ago, but that doesn’t say a whole lot. From what I can gather it seems that this is similar to Thumbtack in that in some areas it works, others not so much.

Thanks for the help everyone.

This is true , and sometimes you get the surplus ones for free. But 11 sounds like a lot , maybe 11 for the whole year .

But , it gets really frustrating when you get 5 crumy leads in a row and are so expensive . You have to look at it long term , short term you’re going to come out even .

Just thought I’d give an update.

I cancelled the service lol. After spending $750 and only getting one job for $160, I had to call it. Literally, no one answers the phone and when you talk to them, they’re broke as a joke. “I was just curious as to how much it cost”. Well that curiosity just cost us $20. Way over priced for such poor quality prospects.

Oh well. Next!

Ya I got one of their calls before, considered it for an hour or 2; then I remembered I’m not going to make money by throwing it at other people.