Hearing impaired scam

Funny that @Majestic66 just posted about a scam too… I was about to ask you guys if you’ve received any mysterious texts from a “hearing impaired” person. They must love clean windows because I’ve gotten like three or four texts in which they claim to be hearing impaired and are wondering if i clean windows followed by a whole bunch of complicated stuff. I can always tell it’s a scam because of the weird English… Or maybe I’m wrong and I’m a horrible person who has denied service to multiple people with disabilities :open_mouth:

1 Like

I got two of those from a Craigslist Ad I put up. They just closed on a house and were out of town and deaf and had cancer and wanted to pay about $2000 for a $200 on a credit card. Then I was to pay about $1500 of that to settle a couple other things on this new house and keep the extra as a tip.

1 Like

Yeah for some reason the scammers like to hide behind that excuse.

When I worked in restaurants we would get calls all the time through the phone relay service for deaf people, asking to place a huge take-out order and pay over the phone with a credit card.

1 Like