Heavy Duty Screw on Tip of Pole

I like the Unger locking cone with Window cleaning tools but the threads at the end are pretty much useless for attaching brushes and other tools because the threads are too short. Look at the picture from Karl’s link above. Now compare it to Herman’s pic at the beginning of this thread.

When using The Unger cone with screwed on attachments, they tend to fall off because the threads don’t catch. The Garelick pole tip is better for connecting to brushes and what not.

I am a bit upset with Ettore. It’s true, they have the extra step tips now that don’t hold the mop or squeegee tight when you remove the locking spring. And their clamp replacements don’t match the holes in the pole. So you either have to retire your perfectly or adequately working Ettore pole or jury rig it. I’ve tried a few things, but they only work for a little while.

I’m a fair weather cleaner as well - off to the Canary Islands in a week - too cold here!

Sweet…

I use the old Unger cone - it has twice the length of thread. But I’m also not keen on the locking attachment - mainly because I don’t particularly get on with the Unger squeegee’s. I do have the fan cleaner attachment though & I think most adapters are made for the makers tools only.

I’m not the only one then! I took one of the new cone springs out - saved me a lot of time.
Just be happy you don’t have the Ettore Europe team to deal with. What a nightmare.

OK just got home see the problems that you both have in relation to the quick release tips namely the unger and the ettore tips.</SPAN>
Was waiting for a delivery of a ettore quick release tip.</SPAN>
Was going to adapt that to the acme thread as already have with the unger tip.</SPAN>
Had a look then realized that it was not necessary to do any thing they both fit the adaptor that fits on the acme thread. </SPAN>
Here is a straight and a curved one.</SPAN>

Heres a short video what it looks like.
[SIZE=4]POLE TIP ADAPTOR TO GO ON ACME THREAD for WNDOW CLEANING.
[/SIZE]
//youtu.be/PrswS2L95vw

I’m all for innovation, heck I’m doing it all the time - but I just find some of Hermans “inventions” identical copies of stuff already on the market (i.e. [COLOR=#0755bd]Wagtail[/COLOR]).

Don’t know seems that this has come up somewhere before.</SPAN>

First of all not trying to put a new concept out there or invent a new tool.</SPAN>
Just modify a tool to make it to be more functional and easier to use.</SPAN>[LIST=1]
[]Here are some of the differences to the WAGTAIL. </SPAN>
[
]Using the last squeegee that was made which is NEW LOOK MINI DISC on SQUEEGEE.</SPAN>
[]Disc is same shape and action except it is much smaller it actually works quicker having a smaller radius on the disc. </SPAN>
[
]It has a strap or bridge over the disc, which allows you to use it in numerous other ways. Including closer to the squeegee blade.</SPAN>
[]It also now has a handle that is narrower then the WAGTAIL handle and in combination with the strap over the disc makes it more comfortable and not awkward to use.</SPAN>
[
]The channel on the WAGTAIL has plastic to hold the squeegee channels with a screw that holds it and the squeegee rubber in, which eventually strips the thread in channel. All around it eventually the channel becomes that loose that the squeegee will not work to the way it was meant to.</SPAN>
[]How ever the latest one NEW LOOK MINI DISC on SQUEEGEE has an aluminium channel also with screw in it that is less lightly to strip the thread, holds squeegee channels in with out moving around and easy to change squeegee rubber using zip/cable ties.</SPAN>
[
]Believe the only thing that is identical is the disc and that is smaller one now, this being NEW LOOK MINI DISC on SQUEEGEE.</SPAN>
[]The ones that have been modified with WAGTAIL handles discs etc was for the benefit of the people that are have problems with there wagtail.</SPAN>
[
]That they can make one out of the ones that do not work or broken. </SPAN>
[*]So make one and try it out tell every one what faults on it post a few pictures or better still a video, that way every one can actually see what you are talking about.</SPAN>
[/LIST]In regards to copying yes copy the disc to use the concept then improved what goes on to make it more functional and easier to use as said above.</SPAN>
Or to adapt to another tool.</SPAN>

Try [COLOR=#234786]http://www.cleaningproductsassociates.com/[/COLOR] if you want to replace a broken acme pole tip. They have a small qty HD plastic I think for a 11/8" dia pole. Ask for Rick, tell um Dale sent ya.

If you like could make a video on how the thread was put on the pole;):smiley:

That would be good.
Wooster Brush also makes what looks like an aluminium replacement tip for their poles, don’t know the diameter. I have used their painting equipment and would say it is HD.

The paint stores used to sell a clamp down metal adapter with threads. It would clamp down on
any pole with a screw to tighten it. I saw it for many years. Now it is gone. I guess they just
want us to buy a new pole. I have an old one but now
it is a collector’s item so I don’t want to use it. :slight_smile:

Dale, is this what you are talking about? If so, does it fit over the new Ettore lock tips?

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]OK hope this was explained so that every body can understand.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]<O:p</O:p
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]The plastic pipes were heated with a heat gun and as seen must be hot enough to go on the pole etc.
The gloves are thick cotton inner gloves that are normally worn under latex gloves.
Anything that is not understood please ask. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
<O:p[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=5]HOW TO PUT ACME TIP ON END OF POLE
[/SIZE]
//youtu.be/LGV8tqI-iuY

These are what you need

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]</O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

Yes and no Dan, what you show may do what you ask, but what I am refering to is a repair tip for a fixed straight pole that has a broken Acme thread tip. This has a shorter flange then what you show and is not intended to be compatable with any WC tool but can be adapted many ways to get to an Acme thread tip. Herman’s post here shows doing that with an aluminium repair tip. Hope this helps.
Dale

The good thing is that you can put it on any type of pole metal wood any WFP.
Without having to put screws or glue on to hold it on.
Could also use any other thread that wish to put on your pole.