Help with my car situation!

I did the same thing in my truck bed. Ladders on bottom, pails and boxes on top. As Wagga would say “It works a treat!”.

My main work vehicle is a 2012 VW golf wagon. I have a 3 section 24ft extension ladder that I chuck on a roof rack on top and a 17 ft little giant. It has more than enough room for everything I need. It has served me well the last three years. A few customers have commented on the practicality of my set up, which is a compliment I take pride in :slight_smile:

That’s our current situation, one vehicle for everything. 2005 Honda CRV my wife bought when she lived in Hawaii. We manage to get our 22’ and 17’ Giant/Werner ladders plus a 4’ step ladder and the rest of our equipment in just fine. I’m really leaning towards a truck or small trailer so I can letter it and not have to pile everything into our car but reading how so many of you have a similar setup helps me to not rush into buying anything for the sake of convenience. Do I REALLY need to get a trailer/truck right now? I can survive with our current setup :slight_smile:

Only you can answer that question. I would at the very least would get a small trailer when I have the extra money. Your crv can handle it. That way you don’t have to unload all the time, just drop the trailer. It is cheaper than buying another vehicle and will look nicer than a p.o.s. vehicle that cost the same price as trailer with letting.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been thinking, too. Trailer plus lettering is very likely cheaper than truck and lettering. Any way, when I finally get around to it I’ll load pictures :grinning:

Make sure you don’t leave damp/dirty towels or strip washers (or drop cloths) over night in your car. That would be the biggest source of musty odors that you would have to deal with.

If you use your jeep you can get a ladder rack that fits into the reciever hitch, that would allow you to carry a32 ft no problem and you can even carry a 40ft on it. That is what my friend is set up with and works well. I think a 40ft woulb be the absolute max. Lots of options.

Don’t get me wrong, new tacomas are awesome. I would feel better in one myself, but killed my credit, and my 22r pickup with rack, ladders and logo is treating me well.

I’ll eventually get another taco, but am saving cash for a 2006 trd.

I’m still working my way up man. Good on you for busting ass for that new truck. I’m sure it’s treating you well.

I live in a weird town where you won’t see a suit downtown for a couple days. All outdoor gear. I should probably get a new muffler though.

Haha… :smile:

ouch :grimacing:…but thats what happens when your reading the forum and not paying attention! JKing … :wink:

I also put a large canvas in the cargo area to help protect the interior since it is a dual use vehicle. The Yakima Roof Rack fits the existing rails so I bought Yakima Load-Stops for the cross bars and strap my ladders securely that way. They also serve well for my canoe and kayak on play days.

1 Like

:smile:

Yea. I ran over a snow berm after a warm snowstorm. Tore off the muffler, so it sounds like a harley that makes oversized popcorn. No one seems to mind. I’ll be tuning up the carb and welding in a fresh exhaust system in summer.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing “pass emissions” lately. Had to do knock sensors and a new catalytic converter. All right in the driveway with some help from a bud that’s a welding guru…

2 Likes