Hose Management - Efficiency - Employees

thanks ill do that just currently using two pencil jets need too add the fans since brush i got with my gardiner didn’t have them. im like the brush so far

Jeff I just got a chance to watch this video. Great setup. Would you mind if I call you or email you this week to discuss your WFP setup?

I would really appreciate 5 minutes of your time Jeff; and your advice. Thanks!

Anytime, 612 369 0796

1 Like

I can’t guarantee 5 minutes I tend to talk a lot

6 Likes

lol

Appreciate your time on the phone Jeff. Really eye opening as far as WFP equipment goes! Looking forward to bringing some of your knowledge and experience into my own operation.

3 Likes

So I guess ( @anon46335951 ) Jeff talks a lot!

Sure wasn’t 5 minutes

2 Likes

Was only 25 minutes Jeff, not too bad! Hah.

I found the Flexzilla 1/4" hose. Only comes in 100 Ft. length max it looks like.

2 Likes

i use the flexzilla garden hose stuff is super light and awesome.

are you planning on using 1/4" from cart too wfp hose?

im currently using 3/8 yellow ipc hose. i imagine that 1/4 flex is also tough and lightweight

After talking with several people about this and with the goal of increasing efficiency on residential and small-medium sized commercial work I think we’ll start using 1/4" hose from cart to WFP hose; with the cart sitting right next to water source.

@anon46335951 idea of quick connects everywhere is awesome, definitely going to implement that as well.

1 Like

yea i saw those quick connects! i’ll be adding those also

i keep my cart mounted in van and just run hose. thankfully haven’t had too unload for a while now. its stupid heavy

We can probably do the same thing, just have to figure out a way to keep our IPC carts positioned in the Vans a certain way so water doesn’t get all over the place when hoses are disconnected.

I think I’ll ask our Ops Manager to look into keeping the carts in the vans, anything to save 5 minutes here and there is worth looking into.

@squeegeemike could you post a pic of exactly how your cart is positioned in your van? Would really appreciate it.

will do. im going too be removing hose reel from cart and mount on side wall with live hose reels.
i have large stepvan since i offer other services. currently hve 1" or 1-1/2" wood sheathing on walls. i’ll mount them to keep floor space clearer.

Look at my video, it shows one 5’ leader flexilla hose connected to machine while not in use. This allows no water leakage. Once setting up for use, 1 quick connect, connects to hose reel. The only other area that can leak is the waste valve at bottom of unit but it has a valve, close it.

This will keep leak free in transport and make connections most efficient at same time. 3 sets of quick connects used in video.

2 Likes

Again… obvious points I missed! Can you tell I don’t deal with the equipment that much? :sweat_smile: My main concern was the waste valve on the IPC cart; even if it’s open just a little bit it can leak.

The Vans we currently have and where we have the cart sitting… any water that leaks would go straight under the front passenger seat.

If we do keep the IPC cart in the van… we will need more than a 5’ leader hose to get to the water source. Seems like we’ll need more hose!

This was a style I looked into for wall mount.

wall_mount_hose_reels

link? i was looking into build a door with hinges too hold a ll reels too reel in hose easier and close flush and secure for transport.

just bought a hose reel lol

but those would same me the trouble

well maybe not the arm that goes too wall bracket doesnt swivel just the head does