How did you get your first job?

Guess you ain’t as good looking as me :sun_with_face: Jk

No but my first resi job someone saw me cleaning a storefront. I use to do a lot of side work back in the days. My bosses never cared I even bowered his ladders. Wooden sectionals. Ugh !!!

When I went on my own I basically started with a storefront route I bought a decent size route so I wasn’t really concentrating on residential. Wow isn’t that the opposite on here , So the same way I did my first resi for myself is the same way I did my first resi in business for myself

1 Like

EDDM, Advice from this site. Mailed. Worked. Got Paid.

I do the Christmas lights for the local Ronald McDonald house here. The lady in charge of building maintenance and i were talking early one year and she mentioned that she was having a very hard time finding someone to clean the windows on the building. Nobody would even get back to her. I thought…huh i could prob do that. I already had all the ladders. So i gave her a price that spring and she accepted. Thus started my window cleaning side of my business. As the opposite season to Christmas lights it is a prefect fit! I am now into my third year doing windows (20 years doing lights though :-)). Wish i had stumbled on window cleaning a long time ago. Still doing it part time but am really feeling the draw to go full time. Maybe in the fall or next spring.