How did you learn to clean windows

Hello and welcome to the forum! Your business sounds like mine. It is nice to be able to offer multiple services to a client.

Thanks for the worm welcome

I just want to make sure Iā€™m always busy

thanks

4 Likes

Yep. I have been window cleaning for 3.5 years now. I learnt and still learning on You Tube. Trial and error and of course, what works best for me. I am modifying my wagtails and other channels. Tested out rubbers and still think ettore makes the best rubber. Liquidatorsā€¦ well thatā€™s another different thing altogether. I love learning off Luke the window cleaner and other well known window cleaners. Just like to thank you guys for posting very informative info. Very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I learned from you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Luke! I love all the videos you post! They have really helped me out. Other videos do not take the time to give you detailed experiences. I got into this business because my grandpa owns a commercial construction company. He would make me wash Windows to earn some extra cash. I finally smartened up and decided to make it a living and opened up my window cleaning business.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s Ironic. Iā€™m doing this so I CAN own a bakery. Actually a donut shop but same same.

4 Likes

I fished for several months with a European pastry chef. When he talked about using the fishing money to open a bakery I excitedly asked about doughnuts. He indignantly said that doughnut makers are not bakers!

He was one of the fastest learners on deck that I ever fished with. His many years working with hot pastries made him have good manual dexterity and speed, critical skills for fishing with hooks and bait and butchering fish.

I worked at a Krispy Kreme for about two years when I was younger. I had people say I was just a doughnut maker not a baker. But the way I look at it is I made dough, chocolate, and creme filling. That sounds kind of like a baker to.me.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Thanks man glad you enjoy em

i have been reluctant to share my source for advanced window cleaning technique but for the greater good here goes:

2 Likes

How often do you have clients sign a scratch waiver? Every job or for certain windows? Thanks

I havenā€™t used it yet as I have just been doing repeats since I made it, but I will probably use it when I get new clients.

I Didnā€™t know how to clean my windows and doors during earlier times. Iā€™ll just wipe them with a wet towel. But recently I got my new glass door repaired and installed by http://www.dooronthego.ca/door-repair/glass-door-repair/ . They suggested me an awesome technique to clean the windows and doors. My first door had many streaks which were created while trying to clean them. So they suggested me to use distilled water for cleaning the glass in doors and windows. Hard water may cause hard water spots in the glass which makes them look bad. They also told me to use vinegar to get a streak free glass and said that we should never use soap for cleaning glass. Micro fiber cloth will be the best to wipe the glass dry instead of paper. I tried them and the result were awesome.

Um well, we all use soap to clean windowsā€¦ the techniques you are describing are what a homeowner would use to get window looking better than they did certainly not up to the standard of a professional window clean, all of us here make our living from cleaning windows, not from installing doors.
If you would like to learn how to correctly clean a window ask a window cleaner not a door installation person as none of us use vinegar, we all use soap and squeegee that off, and we donā€™t use distilled water we use de ionized water, which is purer than distilled water but they would both work similarly only one costs much more which is the distilled.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have much experience with glass cleaning. I normally uses water and sometimes I used newspaper to clean the glass. It may my glass worse. Until now I have spoiled lots of windows by cleaning without proper knowledge. During the repairing process I told them this problem and they gave me those tips. They also suggested few cleaning solutions like stonerā€™s invisible glass, clear sonic sprayway etc. But as iā€™m satisfied with those simple tips, I didnā€™t try these. But Iā€™ll try them very soon

Soā€¦do you own a window cleaning company? @ToniaBond

No, I donā€™t own a window cleaning company.