How far should I travel?

I understand.

Your opinion may change when you’re actually paying two guys and the operational expenses for the company truck they drive. :open_mouth:

1 Like

If we are talking about having inner peace as well as profitability - I hope to never have employees. The very thought makes my stomach turn!

1 Like

I’ve only had one customer who fretted over billing her for travel time (1.5hrs), which was about an 80 mile round trip. I politely told her, “my employee doesn’t work for free when he leaves my house and using the fuel in my truck to get to your house so I have to bill you for his time”. I got a long pause…“oh?”. (I even told her from the beginning I was not driving to her house to give her an estimate, I gave her a general idea of the cost based on what she told me.)

There really isn’t a right answer on how far you should or shouldn’t travel to make a profit. Every business owner is entitled to how they value time and expenses in their business model.

Wow I’m pretty psyched I don’t have employees. I’m just starting and I really need to get money coming in. So I don’t think I’m too worried about how far I’ve got to travel. I just need accounts.

1 Like