How getting referrals in 2012 is a different game, do you know the rules?

Do you ever give people 3-4 business cards in hope of them giving them to friends and family. Do you ever think that just asking for referrals and giving them a stack of business cards isn’t enough, but don’t know of any other way to increase the referrals that you are getting?

[B]A lot of the time, we aren’t getting referrals simply because people can’t find us.
[/B]
Your former customer may be having a conversation with a friend at a party, for instance, and happen to mention that your company did a great job cleaning their windows. Their friend is interested and asks for your name. Your former customer may remember your first name, your first and last name, or even your full company name (especially if it’s catchy), but it is pretty doubtful that they have a business card in their purse or wallet. And it is also pretty doubtful that they will remember to call or email their friend about it the next day.

[B]If they really are interested, they go home and google you to find out more about you[/B]. But they may only know:

1. Just your first name and that you clean windows ex. “Jesse the window cleaner in Cape Cod”
  2. Your first and last name ex. “Jesse Green Window Cleaning”
  3. Just Your Company name ex. “Sparkle King”

Having a strong internet presence helps people find you with only a scrap of info. This is more and more important nowadays as many people are busy and often only meet people away from home - away from their bulletin board or junk drawer where they actually keep business cards that people give them.

The stronger your internet presence is, the wider range of keywords you can rank on and the more visible and easy to find you will become. Leading to an increase of referrals.

Check out my blog below for more info.

Truer words have not been spoken. I had taken my print add out of the local paper & the phone is still ringing. I didnt realize how many people found me on the net. Next season I plan on using the internet for almost all of my advertising.

[COLOR=#333333][INDENT]Truer words have not been spoken. I had taken my print add out of the local paper & the phone is still ringing. I didnt realize how many people found me on the net. Next season I plan on using the internet for almost all of my advertising.[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

That’s awesome, John. It’s pretty cool to get to the point where you don’t have to shell out big bucks for advertising and the business is still rolling in. Sounds like you have a lot of happy customers.

The less you spend on marketing, the more you can have left to pay your business and yourself.

I think I better work on my Internet presence. Thanks