How much business will ranking #1 on google bring per year?

[U]Two questions[/U]

1. For those that have number one ranking websites or fluctuating between #1 and #2 what number would you chose?

2. How much do you think that number would change if you had the first three spots?

The poll will be for question one.

Strictly for window cleaning. I would guess option two, but who am I, i’ve never had a website till this year.

It depends on how large of area you are ranking for…

If it helps, I’m currently running a big ad words campaign with the $100 credit they gave me and ive gotten 3-4 jobs in the past week totaling about 1k.

If it helps, I’m currently running a big ad words campaign with the $100 credit they gave me and ive gotten 3-4 jobs in the past week totaling about 1k.

I made about 6,000 this year from ranking #1

Both!

How do you know that? Just curious

Its hard to say so I didnt answer the poll… But I would say in the right market you could do over 40k.

They say a #1 spot will get you 1.79 x the clicks that a # 2 spot will grab you.

tory should know he’s #1 in SD

I was just thinking today, there is a certain area (among many) that I rank #1 in.

What I was thinking ts that with proper PHYSICAL marketing in addition to my high (between 1,2 and 3) organic rankings… aka fliers, newspapers, etc… I could probably clear $60-70k without leaving that particular town’s city limits next year.

Ranking # 1 on Google makes the difference between spending a lot of money on marketing and spending none at all.

Hey Chris,

The areas you rank number one in, do you think there would be a big difference if you not only ranked one, but held the next 3 spots as well?

For now…and I DON’T know:)
I still don’t know how to set up the “conversion” or “goals” in webmaster tools. If I knew how to do that I would be able to answer this poll. And now that the questions’ been asked, I see how important knowing the answer is.

2011 in june we were just getting the site up & playing w/ add words. now since feb this year we’ve been on point w/ the add words & got about $7,000 paid jobs. we also have $15,000 of bids still out there…all from ranking #1

I once had nearly the whole page in my area for what I do (roof cleaning) and here is the what I have found. You can not stop people from shopping, and the more competition you have, the less money you are going to make, plain and simple. Even though we had 6 of the first page spots, the more competitors that appeared, the less our income became.
I mean we still do great cleaning roofs here in the Tampa area, but it is not like it once was.
My opinion is instead of trying to hold down the top 3 spots, concentrate on being number one, and make sure your website converts.