How much to charge. First job

This church wants a price for 229 windows. They want 115 of them int/ext, the rest ext. I just bought my gear last week and this would be my first job. They said the last guys did it for 250 but didn’t do as many of the interiors. I made her aware that my price would be much higher and she said she knows 250 was really cheap. She also said they did a terrible job. Go figure. I know the person and I’ll get the job if my price is acceptable to the pastor but I don’t know how much higher they expect it to be.

Congrat’s on your first bid.

The issue here is going to be sticker shock…(created by the low baller)

Not knowing if you have any window cleaning experience or how your planning to do the work.

• traditional laddering up

• traditional with a pole

• or wfp

Its hard to help with price.

My suggestion

• figure out how many man hr it will take

• how much you need to make an hour to be profitable

…then bid it that way.

wish I could help more with pricing.

1 Like

I’d have a guy with me. I don’t have a ladder that tall so I guess pole. The other issue is the windows in the gym above the ledge that we can’t stand on. Everything else is pretty basic. Hard to price based on hours with no experience.I was thinking no less than 500 when I was there. The guy helping has done windows and suggested 575 based on what I told him and those pictures. I just don’t think i’ll get it at that price. I just wanted to get some opinions. This would probably be a 2 or 3 time per year job so I don’t want to screw myself by doing it too cheap.

Most of the church’s I do are one time a year.

My price would be a more then 575 for sure… :wink:

Your learning so take that into consideration, bid the job and if you get it you will learn a little more about pricing, and thats great.

Good luck with your bid.

1 Like

Nope.

Yep. I wish I knew how long it will take but I cant even guess. $500 is only $1.45 per side which seems like it would be considered low by just about anybody.

No. Just examples of the type of job it will be. 229 windows. Half inside and out, half outside only. All the high ones are inside and out.

I would be in that range, and my demographics is far opposite of Silicon Valley…

Depends on condition of the glass…

• paint removal

• leaky windows

^^ a few examples from past experiences.

clean glass/ no issues 1/2 day extra stuff 3/4 day.

1 Like