How would you tackle these?

Hey man, I’d use a ladder for sure, if you don’t feel comfortable or safe that way you can harness yourself to the beam or any solid beam in case you fall. I keep a harness in my truck, you never know what you run into brother.

1 Like

@NYCROB A few are, I was already planning on WFP them. :smiley: The the thing is, the guy who cleans all the stuff here likes to spray all the windows down with a windex hose atatchment, and the slide is right next to all the windows and he sprays that off with a hose too, so not only have the windows been subjected to massive amounts of hard water for a year, they also are going to get sprayed the second I get them clean, so I’m not sure how clean they’ll be or how much good it will even do to wash them, but whatever, I’ll get it done. :smiley:

@Lawrence I was actually leaning towards having a lift delivered, seemed safer, easier, more effective, ect, but I have been feeling like that’s not the choice. Im almost positive that mentioning a lift could decrease my chances of getting the job. So what I do need then is information on what I need to do to make certain that the ladder doesn’t slip on the floor. What can I buy/use to make certain of that? I also will check around to see about buying a harness and such, I’m a cautious fellow, I’d really not like to do it without one. Thanks for all the help everyone! This forum is awesome!

Hey man, it’s hard to judge your height in that pic there. I’m fairly new to this biz but I’m OSHA certified. I guess the fall protection rule just stuck with me. I was thinking you we’re hand cleaning those ledges so I’d want that extra security. It all depends on your setup and what the client allows. I seen an upper beam so I would latch myself to that.

You can also buy grip mats and rubber gribs for slip protection on the ladder brother.

Someone footing the ladder is the only real certainty of a ladder not slipping.

Honestly I would not bother with a harness, without proper training you will be likely to place yourself in a place where you think you are more secure than you actually are and tbh there really isn’t anywhere (except above the work but you would need a 30’ ladder to get there) to hook on, but its not just a harness you would need, then you would need rope and rope grabs and carabineers and other things you may be looking at $500-$1000 in safety gear then you should not use any of it without proper training.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to just use simple stuff (rope and caribeeners) to secure the ladder to the beam, that way it can’t fall, and I’ll also get a rubber mat for grip and if I need to I’ll hire a friend to spot the ladder, maybe even hook a rope around my waist and use a caribeener on the end of it to hook myself to the ladder. (Maybe that’s a bad idea though in case the ladder falls and I grab on to something and it pulls me with it?) Either way, I think it will be okay, thank you for all your help!

OMG, I want to hear @Steve076 reply

Steve…

1 Like

Uh oh… I’m THAT guy now… At least I admitted it might be a bad idea… Right? Oh well, we all have to be that person some time… :grimacing:

^

2 Likes

Duly noted sir. Thank you. Do you know, how does one go about being trained in safety procedures? I’m going to google it and see if there is anything in my area, but is there a book, a course, anything I can purchase?

https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/velocity/ This was the ladder I was thinking about. What do you think? It seems to me to be a good buy.

Please be safe! Invest in a ladder stabilizer if you haven’t already. Best wishes :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

are you referring to a span at the top of the ladder or adjustable legs? Figure I should get both, haha! Thank you very much!

I would use an extension ladder for what in the pic, not what you have linked, but it will work it will just be heavier

@ibprofen98 The span at the top of the ladder. The Werner quick click ac78 is the ladder stabilizer that just about everyone has. I super safe ladder to check out in the future is the Little Giant Hyperlite Sumo S

tance

2 Likes

Well, I have to buy a compact ladder due to the size of my car and because I don’t have a ladder rack, so getting the little giant ladder is a good option because it’s tall enough (I measured, the bottom sill is 22.5 feet off of the ground) and it should fit in my car. The area all under where I’m working is carpeted, so the grip should be okay, going to hire a friend to spot the ladder for me. :slight_smile: Also getting bungees for all my tools.

1 Like