Husband Wife Teams

^^exactly^^

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

It will work out great, and should be a positive influence on the vibe of your biz (esp when you nod and say ā€™ yes thatā€™s a great ideaā€™!). And you will def win more jobs.

We used to many moons ago. But she decided to study Physical Therapy, and said you are on your own Jack! We worked together very well, coz her standards and ethics are very high, and her customer service is awesome. 10+ years later, and customers still ask about her. A natural people person that I try to emulate every time Iā€™m trying to seal the deal.

The few jobs that I took my wife on, where she would just clean screens and sills and stuffā€¦ My customers LOVED it! Customers love small business. They love mom and pops. And they love the husband and wife team.

When I was a carpet cleaner I would go into customers houses and they would say ā€œIā€™ve been using you guys since Debbie and Glen would come out and clean the carpetsā€ They loved it then and it was a memory that really stuck out for them. They couldnt name a single tech that had been to the house in the 18 years since

1 Like

Customers will trust you. When many people today donā€™t trust anyone , they see a husband and wife team it tells them you have morals. Morals are highly valued by customers especially when we are in their homes. My wife and I are working on debt and when itā€™s paid off we will start working full time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

1 Like

My wife came and worked with me on a few jobs when we were newlyweds. She was a distraction, and we ended up taking a 15 minute ā€œlunch breakā€ in the back of the van on multiple occasions. Now this kid is about to be two years old.

+1 for honesty. - 2 for gross.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Just sharing my experience with the positives of the ā€œhusband and wife teamā€ scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

My wife and I have been working together for two years now after working by myself for 9 years. It was an adjustment at first. She does the inside work and I do the outside work and the high windows and interior skylight work. She also does the lower 1 story gutter cleaning work with me as well. The customers do love a husband and wife team as mentioned above. Now when I book an appointment with a customer they ask " will your lovely wife be coming with you"? We have received more tips than I ever did receive while on my own. In fact they usually say ā€œhere, take your wife out to dinner this weekā€.

There have been some awkward moments with some ideas based on newbie experience and it can be difficult to tactfully explain why we do some things the way we do. She usually ends up agreeing with me after some thought, but it can be challenging at times.

Oh, and she is 49% owner in the business so she really cares about the work and the clients. She has a vested interest and the quality of the work shows.

I have been working with my wife since we opened our business in June 2013. She definitely drives me crazy from time to time. But she enjoys doing what she is doing in helping me when she can. She still works full time at a local hospital here in Grand Rapids, but is with me on every Sat/Sun job, and what she can manage after she gets out of work. We work pretty good together, yea. Her biggest downfall, that she also realizes, is sheā€™s not a big people person. Oddly enough, she works with people all day at the hospital and loves it, but get her cold calling with me, walking from door to door to talk to strangers, she clams up. Gives a big smile, but getting her to talkā€¦no way. LOL. I told her weā€™re going to work on that this summer. Give her a stack of flyers, and Iā€™ll watch her from the truck with binocularsā€¦hahaha.

@Pioneer Services

[COLOR=#ff0000]The customers do love a husband and wife team as mentioned above. Now when I book an appointment with a customer they ask " will your lovely wife be coming with you"? We have received [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]more tips than I ever did receive while on my own.[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] In fact they usually say ā€œhere, take your wife out to dinner this weekā€.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
I wonā€™t be complaining if it works out like that. Thanks for the feedback, Randy. The jobs I have had my wife help me in the past have all gone well. Iā€™ve had customers tell us we could go clamming on their personal waterfront property whenever the mood strikes us. Iā€™ve had customers give us a brand new refrigerator that they didnā€™t want. The best is when customers offer her wine because she is doing inside work on ground level. I get offers of ice tea being on the ladder and all.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]There have been some awkward moments with some ideas based on newbie experience and it can be difficult to tactfully explain why we do some things the way we do.
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]The only thing I have to get on my wife about is the physical preparation for window cleaning season. She gives me this crazy look at 7:00 am when I tell her itā€™s time for jogging in the woods, jumping jacks, and push-ups. I tell her, ā€œIt will hurt now, so it wonā€™t hurt later.ā€ hahaha

especially when the weather was like this 3 days ago:

[/COLOR]

My wife helped me on a few jobs a couple years ago and then was a regular with me last summer. This year sheā€™s going to help out a couple days each week (at least thatā€™s the plan) and then spend the rest of the week with our newborn.
When we pull up to a job she heads inside and removes all the screens while I set up the equipment.
Sheā€™s extremely meticulous and I send her to do interiors at clientsā€™ homes while I do the exterior. That way we can spot check each other from both sides of the glass without having to worry about resetting ladders and then she chats up the clients and cleans tracks while I wash the screens outside. Like the others, Iā€™ve seen a big increase in tips and everyone always asks about her. She is also great for pulling referrals out of existing clients.
Weā€™ve only had a few issues. She doesnā€™t like the cold and drizzle which is 70% of the weather in the PNW so those days she always wants me to reschedule jobs. She also is faster than me on a lot of glass so she ends up calling me out on a drip/smudge/line before Iā€™ve even finished squeegeeing. I hate it when someone calls attention to something that Iā€™ve already noted and plan on fixing.
We really do get along great and even though the days are long and physically tiring on her, it brings us closer. She really is my better half.
Now to get the baby a little squeegeeā€¦Do they make extension poles that can hold an infant?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My wife says that she got her PHD so she would not have to physical labor. She really wouldnā€™t mind doing the books but I just find it so easy to do myself as a one man operation.

We have cleaned windows together for 38 years. Talk about long suffering!