I Have Lost All Patience With Realtors

In a perfect world, you should be able to leave a bad review.

This is not a perfect world.

1 Like

When I sold my last house to buy this one the buyers realtor tried to pull a fast one on us. We had our offer and our realtor told us we would have X amount in pocket after sale, so we made an offer on our new house and planned to put $50K down after the sale. We showed up to the signing and suddenly our X in pocket was $2000 short. I asked my realtor what the hell was going on. She looked over the paperwork and found where all of a sudden there was a $2000 moved from buyers expenses to sellers expenses.

I was clearly pissed and told them I didnā€™t agree to that and they were all out of their minds if they thought I wouldnā€™t notice or if they thought I was going to give away $2000. The buyers realtor said something to the effect of me losing my future house over $2K. I got up to leave and his clients got anxious, he freaked out and finally relented. He actually said, ā€œThis is bullshit! Iā€™m not going to make any money on this deal!ā€ That asshole didnā€™t work his end right and he tried to steal $2K from so he could make a profit.

Sorry, a little off topic, but this thread reminded me of the whole ordeal.

1 Like

Donā€™t let it keep you up at night. Iā€™m sure he made his money on that deal.

3 Likes

Realtors arenā€™t bad people theyā€™re just working in a high stakes pressure cooker work environment. When they call I genuinely thank them for calling me but unfortunately Iā€™m not available right away. No hard feelings.

3 Likes

What a dirtbag! THAT shouldā€™ve went on zillow for sure.

2 Likes

I just got 300 homes for next year. They have provided free window cleaning coupon up to 90 days. I provided the discount and will get the next cleaning at my normal price. All window have been cleaned during construction so they are in good shape. No screens or mirrors just in and out side. Did the first one in a hour for $75.00 .If they work out this well it will be a good year in 2017.www.alexanderswindowcleaning.com

So your saying you did 300 homes for free the first, and your only making money if they call you for the second clean or more?!? :confused:

No I gave discount to realtor I got $75.00 for small 1400 sq foot home about 8 windows. I have cleaned windows for 47 years and do nothing for free any more!

So where does the 300 homes for next year come in to play then?

6 Likes

really not very clear about what is happening phil.

1 Like

I get from $75 to $175 per home from the realtor pays me the free window cleaning they gave at closing. Next time i charged the client the normal wwww.alexanderswindowcleaning.com price

1 Like

I work with a few realtors cleaning roofs and exteriors. I never give a discount for a house they have listed. I offer them a discount on their house, after 5 jobs for them.But, as far as a realtor scheduling a job and then cancelling, that is not something I have had to deal with yet. that would be a bummer.

1 Like

Good friend of mine is a very very successful real estate agent in the area. He is the ONLY one I will work with on pricing and thatā€™s only because he chalks up at least 3 cleans a week for me. He still is a pain in the bootay though lol :grin:

1 Like

you want a discount on window cleaning for your listings? surrreā€¦ what discount can you give me on listing my house?

1 Like

Just the airlines, discounts are for frequent users. :wink:

My wife is a Realtor, a successful one at that. Letā€™s just say that half the stuff you guys are saying comes from your fundamental lack of understanding of what realtors go through during the process of listing and selling a home. You think a last minute cancellation that cost you $500 sucks, try being a realtor and having an a-hole contractor screw up a deal and cost you 7 GRAND! Suffice it to say that if you want to deal with realtors then accept the fact that you have to do things quickly (because there are deadlines to meet) and cheaply (because people are selling the home and donā€™t want to spend money on it) or else donā€™t do it. Quit yer bitchin as they say.

Also, realtors canā€™t control clients. My wife recently scheduled me to pressure wash a house for her client (BECAUSE THEY ASKED HER TO) and when I showed up they told me they changed their minds and were having a friend do it. Pissed me off, but not exactly my wifeā€™s fault since they never told her that. Lastly, they do give a lot of business to good contractors who understand what the realtor is dealing with and work to help them out but if youā€™re a horses arse and act like your window cleaning service is a fine wine that only the very cultured can appreciate then better leave realtor work alone. They donā€™t need that, they want fast, reasonably clean and cost effective, thatā€™s all. Oh, and last minute cancellations and changes are the norm for real estate because there are usually multiple projects to manage and the situation can change daily, so if you canā€™t accept that then say no up front.

2 Likes

There is a difference between a difficult client cancelling the sale and a realtor jerking you around. It could be because that realtor has no idea what they are doing or they donā€™t respect your service. Not every house being sold is going to want to have their windows cleaned. Some realtors will schedule you to do the cleaning and tell the home owner. Then the homeowner does not want to pay so they cancel you.

The absolute worst is when you arrive but the realtor is not there to let you in. So you call them and they say it will be about an hour before they can get there.

1 Like