If you could ask Willie one question

I would politely ask why they have not made a pad that holds more water.

1 Like

That’s a good one along with a better way to attach the pad. I’ve got ideas and am willing to consult!

So a long time back actually ask Willie.
Put a strap over the disc so to have better control allowing you to hold closer to the disc or over it while using.
Was not interested.
But here is a video did to show what I meant.

The Moerman Fliq and clip idea is almost perfect.

1 Like

Yes it is good idea, but if they had a Velcro pad holder instead of scrubbing pad.
You could just change scrubbing pads out quickly without mucking around with the clips on/off.
Just saying. :roll_eyes:

I’m curious how long it will last before the button breaks. There’s a lot of ways to solve that issue. Velcro is the cheapest and easiest but not the best solution.

I use both a 10 and 14 almost daily and have done for over a year. The clips on channel or pad have not even hinted at weakening, failing or breaking. The velcro was, is and will continue to be an absolute disaster.Velcro and constant water and detergent do not mix, plus it gets crud infested over time. Willie at least improved the situation when he brought out his clip and fin modification for the slimline BUT Moermans solution is almost perfect.

4 Likes

As you know I almost exclusively use Excelerator but i have a heavily modified PC/Slimline that is my absolute favourite in hand tool for the 14 and 16" Liquidator. No pad, just bare. The balance and feel is almost perfect. I have stripped it down to almost skeletal proportions. Check the pic…

3 Likes

That’s good info.

Here did video at the time attached this scrubber pad holder.to channel.
How ever if you have same holder like in video then attach with Moerman clips.
You then could swap the scrubbing quickly without mucking around with the clips on the channel??
Then you could use any size or thickness pad you like to use. Luke

1 Like

I think the clip and fin modification is also rubbish.
Falls off for me a few times every day.

Sorry did see this LOL.
Have no go to Wagtail squeegee.
First starting WC had problem using fix squeegee due to an old injury.
Found that Wagtail introduction video that I posted on here. 2002

Got a few to try out, the yellow 2 piece disc.
They were easier to use then the fixed squeegees but there was something that needed tweaking to get to work smoothly.

Look though the videos have done over the years could not quite find exactly where the problem was.
Started making many of own versions of swivel squeegee handles.

They worked OK but seemed though something did not work smoothly.

11/2 years ago found the swivel movement it self seemed to be causing the problem.

So now have a completely different swivel mechanism for the handle.
And now this is my go to squeegee.

1 Like

Is that a prediction of something new?

1 Like

have too agree i wish my wagtail held more water like the fliq

After reading your endorsement of the Steccone channels, i took a 14, put it in a PC handle, and attached the Fliq pad. Working really well. Solves the velcro issue.

Ill post a pic when I can.

1 Like

Stay tuned. Lol. :wink:

I would say Willy when you are not spending 24/7 on window cleaning. What do you like to do in your spare time. Then I would say and who are you. Then I would say nice to meet you Willy I am lucky.

I know I asked three questions. Willy does not mind. :joy::joy::joy: