I'm a believer

Just starting playing around with the 14 wagtail slimline a couple months ago. Mainly use it for transoms on commercial, but did a house yesterday with an eyelid window. Of course this was in the master bedroom and of course there was a bed with a 4 post rail around the top. Wagtail up on my pole, scrub and done. Beautiful and very very quick.

Then right after that another house with a really tall window above the door with eyelid, badda bing badda boom done. I had to use a ladder (little giant of course) the last time.

The wagtail just rocks those curved windows.

I love using the wagtail for higher misshaped windows on residential work.

What I used to use a stepladder for I have been using my wagtail for this season and love it! Saves time and keeps my feet on the ground.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

on resi, how do you clean the sill thoroughly if you are doing windows with a pole?

You can’t. But in this instance the only option would have been to get up on the bed and that wasn’t going to happen in this situation.

That window had never been cleaned. You could feel it on the wagtail mop. And really, the customer is only concerned about seeing out of that window not inspecting the sill.

However, I do towel the bottom sill and get most of the junk. The unger pad would also do it which is probably what I’ll use in the future.

When I use the Unger pads to clean high windows I put microfiber rag on the pad holder and hit the sills and any cobwebs before actually cleaning.

I just got the 12" Slimline last week. Couldn’t put it down! I was outside at 11:00 PM doing my windows over and over, it’s like a new toy! It has cut my squeegee time in half. I seriously don’t think I will ever use anything else!

Typical newbie :).
Well, that’s really good that you are mastering it. I have a long way to go. Actually just picked up an orbital handle, so maybe this week I’ll give it a go…

Make sure you have plenty of time. You won’t want to put it down. The Wagtail is a game changer IMO

I don’t see it being used a whole lot on residential, since most of the time I’m using Unger cleaning pads on high windows if I can be.
But this winter when I’m doing storefronts more often, I think it will potentially help cut down on time.

Yeah. I’m using WFP on exterior resi windows, while my wife does the interior. Wagtail makes a HUGE difference on storefront glass. I went with the 12" after I saw Polznblades gobbling up glass with it…,…SO glad I did.

Hello Dan. Just wanted to say a couple things. One is that the wagtail combi with the cleaning pad on it can be great for commercial work. And also wanted to let you know that my main squeegee for residential is a 16" slimline wagtail. I love it. It helps with stress on the wrist from carving (fanning) windows. And once you get used to it, it’s like using any other squeegee IMO. Just wanted to let you know. :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Still having trouble with the Unger system leaving a lot of spots on high windows…tried alcohol in the water (2 oz in a spray bottle, the rest was distilled water) and it came out really bad. Going back to pure water and a fresh pad at each job.

We keep clean drip cloths in the work truck and can put them over someone’s bed so that we can properly clean glass/ sills in hard to reach spots. Just a thought bro :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I agree with everything you said, except that it’s like any other squeegee. I am horrible at fanning with a normal squeegee, but with a wagger I look and feel like an old pro. No joke!

Interesting thoughts on using the Wagtail on interiors. Maybe I’ll try it tomorrow or another day this week. I’ll probably be outside 90% of the time tomorrow using a wfp and pressure washer.

Dan the man working on a holiday!

I tell people I make my own “holidays”.

Everyday is a “Holiday” as long as your enjoying the choices you made. :slight_smile:

Have you tried Zep liquid? Spray the thin pad and clean. Then buff with the thick pad. Works well.

I haven’t tried that, but I will. The Zep doesn’t damage the pad?