Insurance woes

Not sure why anyone allows a customer to dictate the method they use to operate your business.

The results should speak for themselves

4 Likes

I’ve had one try to. She watched me clean her neighbors house for a few years, called me. When I am on the last window, she starts complaining about water drops and tells me she wants me to do them all traditional. Told her my works was guaranteed, call me if there are ANY issues, but no, I was not going to spend the other half of the day rewashing clean windows.

Got paid and put her on the DO NOT service list. Between dodging dog bombs in her yard and her attitude, I have better things to do.

1 Like

I do not understand the stance taken. “rip me wallet open” “outrageous”

Better to have quality coverage than to love a price and have a false safety net.

Care Custody and Control we found to be important. Good luck

1 Like

Considering I was able to get better coverage through progressive for 1/3 the cost, I would have to say that a quote of 1500+/yr was definitely “outrageous” and was in fact “ripping my wallet open”. I guess I can consider this my first business learning experience. It pays to take the time to actually talk to a live person about insurance than to take the easy route and get an online quote. Luckily I didn’t have to pay for it monetarily.

1 Like

Insurance is a strange animal… One thing about it, if a particular company has a lot of claims, EVERYONE is getting a rate hike. It pays to shop around and KNOW what your policy will cover AND pay for.

Content insurance for your house is one glaring example off the top of my head. Some insure you for REPLACEMENT at today’s value. As in, what you will pay today to buy it.

Some, only pay you basically a “yard sale” value of what it is worth now, in a yard sale. So your 1K TV might only get you a hundred bucks if something happens.

Edit to add: I’m a believer in having adequate insurance coverage. Even though it’s an expense, I have peace of mind and have nothing to worry about.
BIG difference in coverage. Sometimes that is pretty important to know, because IF something happens, you may have to come up with A LOT of money, or stand around with your jewels in your hand.

Absolutely agree. I asked a lot of questions, especially about specific to window washing instances, and got very clear answers. I know exactly what I am and am not covered for. I was able to review all of my policy before I purchased it, and since I already have home and auto through the same company, I have a single agent that can handle any claim I have, or any questions I have about all of my insurances.

1 Like

What insurance company are you using? I have been arguing with my agent to get a rate of less than $6k and it’s been difficult. Thanks!

We have GL for PW/WC through Grange for $170/mo.