Interested in rappelling

@Mulchtank @anon46335951 @Rockward

What are you guys experiencing in terms (30,60,90 days?) of receiving payment after service has been completed in highrise work.

In the beginning 30-60-90 days from completed services was common but learned as a service contractor I also have a say in terms.

Be out spoken, you have every right to negotiate terms too. Be realistic, we dont get money down at start or paid upon completion. As a business owner you have to realistic too. Nobody is catering to you, responsibility of overhead is part of business.

We now experience most every customer pays within 15 -30 days. I have no problem with that. It’s when 30 + days is expected, I do add 5% on the few that have 45-60 day cycles. They are very large companies and processing just takes longer but they pay for it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response @anon46335951.

1 Like

This overhead makes it tough as a start up. Carrying expenses and especially wages thru and past completion dates of 1-2-3 week projects is challenging and a big reason many prefer smaller customers.

Like any businesses financial responsibility is key. Pay sales taxes, payroll taxes all those darn expenses before you spend it and need to come up with it at years end.

Leading reason for failure is keeping up with books and payments.

2 Likes

Partner up with me and we can work summers up in PA and winters here in FL?

2 Likes

That sounds like a great plan!

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hey @wcs sorry about the late reply, been super busy. When it comes to terms of payment 30 60 or 90 days out, we usually get paid within the 30 to 45 day range. reason being is that the longer it takes them to pay the more we charge. we are upfront about our terms and it usually is never an issue. Like @anon46335951 said, we need to get paid as soon as possible to cover expenses. We even offer a discount if paid upon completion or within a week, I love those jobs. lol

1 Like

No problem it’s busy season! Thanks for the reply brother!

1 Like