Introducing WashCycle, the bicycle based window cleaning company

I bet he bought a truck

3 Likes

I hope so its a cool concept for thier market…

I hope they have stuck with their concept.

Maybe he’s so busy he just can’t reply.

I hope so!

Hopefully he was able to keep everything going.

Hi guys, thanks for the interest! I am indeed still around and still on two wheels, WashCycle has been growing steadily every week and I have got a fairly solid storefront route built up. Now that I have a base, I can be more choosy with my clients. Using the 80/20 rule I have found that antique/vintage clothing and furniture stores have been giving me most of my income. As a result I have been really emphasizing the high-quality image of my business like looking clean, wearing a button up, using quality tools, specific window cleaning equipment rather than just a bucket, rag and squeegee like most of my competitors. This has been extremely useful in weeding out my target market so I can dedicate my time getting the clients I want instead of the ones I need.

So things are going pretty good at the moment, the worst part is not the hills, (I murder those hills) it is the sales. I found that I really don’t like being the salesman, I like cleaning the windows and talking to my interesting, successful business owner clients and I love being outside and being a present part of my city. I don’t like going door to door and bothering the people that don’t want or need my services. That’s why I’m so excited to see how this pin-point approach rather than the broadcast approach is going to turn out.

What’s next? Other than continuing growing my route over the summer, I am looking into getting a little giant ladder and figuring out a setup similar to @ericlvincent so that I can start doing low to medium sized residential jobs as well. I think that is where the environmentally friendly aspect of my image will come into play the most since I’m here in Portland. I’m excited to try some things out and see how they go.

Thanks for checking in, I will try to be more active here at WCR as I am reminded of the wealth of information that you guys all have every time I visit. Expect to see me again soon :slight_smile:

@wcs @louie_the_Window_Guy @Skipper @windowsrx @Trenchfeet

7 Likes

Thanks Louie, I’m always interested in hearing professional opinions. What pain points did you have in mind?

Thats great to hear.

Glad all is well. Keep up the great work!

Sho you right…

Bicycle Serial Killa…

That’s whats up.

I think we have all struggled with this from time to time.

Just think…

“High Probability Selling”

You are an entrepreneur. To be an entrepreneur you are going to have to sell something. Don’t try and convince a dime it’s a dollar and you mos def don’t want to be a dollar waiting on a dime.

Hello Wash Cycle and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing more about your healthy activity.

1 Like

As soon as I saw the bike idea I knew it had to be Portland.

I’m here in Portland but left storefronts a long time ago.

I know a guy exact same concept but never really took off. Not sure how the execution went though.

I think if you can really put the professionalism into it Portland will eat it up…the crazy weirdos.

2 Likes

R u the old guy on the front of ur website. First impression I got is a 70 year old guy is coming to wash my windows this is going to take forever

Yeah I know there is some miscommunication problems with the current site. Fortunately I have a really great re-design launching this week with pictures of ME actually cleaning windows that I’m pretty excited to share.

I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

I was just calculating what percentage of my work is 10 minutes or less of a bike ride from home. (or, with a bike trailer it be more like 15). It’s about 75%.

Good for you. You’re different but very unique.

Check this bike trailer out. I’d love this for my area!.. Very densely populated with big spenders, small, cramped streets, entrepreneurial center of the region. People eat this stuff up!

It looks like it would draw a lot of attention and carry everything “you” would ever need for window cleaning.

I wonder what the weight of that trailer is…