IPC Eagle HydroTube

[CENTER]
//youtu.be/k868-jKyfgE
[/CENTER]

Get the IPC Eagle HydroTube

Sounds like it’s much lighter than an EZ Pure. Anything else better. Which unit costs more to purify the water?

You will probably get near the same amount of pure water from each system.

Both are great units and both have their place.

Alex,
So both have their place. What does that mean? Are they both exactly the same except that one has wheels and it’s taller? I doubt it. Why would one cleaner prefer one and another cleaner prefer the other?

What are the different features and coresponding benefits?

Both have their places…
The Hydro Cart is more mobile and about half the weight. This is better for moving around a residential property, up stairs, through a garden area, down a sidewalk, up a driveway or just around intricate landscaping.
The EZ Pure is not that light and carrying it around all day would get old fast… imo. Its better to be left in one location or maybe moved once or twice per job. Most people I sell these to are leaving them in a truck or van and either running hose or filling a tank.

Also, the Hydro Cart has a built in TDS monitor.

Thanks Alex,
That was helpful. Would the hydro cart fit on the back seat of a car or in the trunk of a hatch back? An EZ Pure would.

If you are wondering the merits of the EZ Pure over the Hydro Tube and in the market, feel free to call me.

‘The EZ Pure is not that light’ Probably due to all the pros it has over the other :wink:

Attached is a photo of just one of the differences.

Here’s my take. As Shawn’s photo shows the DI cartridge on the EZ Pure is about 4-5 times bigger. Even w/ a larger RO membrane in the Hydrotube the EZ Pure has 2 ROs which are longer when combined than the Hydrotube. The size difference in the prefilters is also noteworthy. The EZ Pure prefilter is again 4-5 times bigger than the Hydrotube.
If you have tds averages in your area of about 250 then you could use the Hydrotube. If the average is higher than that you will save money in cartridge replacements by going w/ the EZ Pure.

Hey Shawn,
I saw that picture on Facebook earlier today. The prefilter and the DI filter on the hydro cart are very small compared to the EZ Pure filters but they cost less. So they are lighter to carry and cost less to replace but how much water will they filter before they need replacing?

Mike - I know I’m not Shawn but here’s some numbers. IPC filters $80 for both the prefilter and DI (assume $40 each for sake of calculations). EZ Pure DI and prefilter cost $120 each. So they are 3 times more expensive but the filter sizes are 4-5 times larger. If you do the math you can expect to pay less in filter changes for the EZ Pure.

Thanks Tony,
It’s good to have all the pro’s and con’s on the table. That way everybody can make an educated decision and get the best system for their business.

Is it a true read monitor or a light telling you that the reading is 010 tds?

Anyone have a thought then on the sim220, I really like the compact case for portability…anyone used one or seen it in action

It’s new Micah. I’m not sure if anyone other than Phil has had a chance to use one yet. We may have one at the MWCC for everyone to try out.

not sure about the sim220, but I re-designed the sim440 for Phil and it works really well. Hopefully the 220 incorporates some of the new design features from the 440, but cheaper and lighter. It’s great having a unit in a sealed, lockable box for security and durability.

Exactly how tall is the HydroTube? To big for the back seat?

it’s about four feet tall. You certainly could lay it across the back seat of your vehicle, however, after you use the hydro tube and disconnect the inlet house, a lot of water drains out. Stand the tube up, drain all the water out before you put it back in your vehicle. If not, your seats would get soaked.

Its a monitor not a true read monitor. It could easily be swapped out for a true read meter though.

Could one cap the fitting?

That’s what I did after I added a hose fitting to my RHG RO/DI cart’s waste hose.

Anyone know how much each one will filter before needing replacement…assuming TDS of 250 or less? I know replacement times vary on how often you use it and TDS, but if anyone has an idea on gallons filtered till replacement on TDS of 250 or less that would help. THanks!