IPC Eagle HydroTube

I just put in your question to an IPC rep and I will post my findings for you.

Thanks

At that TDS you looking at about 2400 gallons before the filters are recomended to be changed. 40 hours of use.

Thank you Josh.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I have a DI system and get about 300 gallons using about $80 worth of resin. So that makes the Hydro Tube about 10 times more efficient than a DI system. Almost 10 times more water for about the same $80 filter replacement costs, not counting the RO membrane. Right?[/FONT][/SIZE]

You are correct Mike, the filter set for the Hydro Tube is only $87.00.

On the gallons filtered is that before the waste water or after? If before how much of that 2400 gallons is waste water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I just did some math. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The Hydro Tube comes with an extra set of filters so the initial investment of about $1,500 will generate about 5,000 gallons of water if the TDS is around 250. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]My DI system will run through about 15 half cubes of resin to generate 5,000 gallons of water . At about $100 a half cube the cost is about even for the first 5,000 gallons. So my break even point before I start to save money is somewhere around 5,000 gallons. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]With my backpack system I can do about 12,500 double hung windows with 5,000 gallons of water. I have been doing about 10 double hung windows with every 4 gallon refill of my backpack. Each double hung window brings in about $5 for outside only. That’s about $60,000 of income at $100 an hour. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I only do about 50 windows a week 9 months of the year, so my break even point is about seven years out. So do I get the system now and put the money up front or wait?<O:p</O:p[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]PS[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Almost forgot about Jays question. I assumed that I’ll be getting 5,000 gallons of pure water to clean with. Maybe my break even point is farther out if a lot of waste water will be going down the drain instead of on the windows. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][I][B]I guess to buy or not to buy an RO system has a lot to do with the volume of work being generated by the business each month. The total TDS of the water in the area may not be the only factor.[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]