Is Soap Safe? (Why I Prefer Pure Water Only)

The water fed pole cleaning method uses pure water only. This is a good selling point to environmentally conscious customers who read and accept articles like this:

If we present ourselves as conscious of such things it creates a greener perception of the profession. Whether we accept the value of preserving our environment or not is another matter. If pollution is written off as a minor risk however then the accumulatve effect on the water supply and aquatic toxicity is also ignored.

so using dawn and smoking are interchangeable?

1 Like

Of coarse not. But you in the same vein, are acting like dawn is as safe as pure spring water!

ANY chemical, especially one man created, has risks. Letā€™s not just act like is COMPLETELY safe. In case you havenā€™t noticed, people have serious issues and problems, much more often today then they did YEARS ago.

Did you know that the FDA says a certain amount (more than zero) of feces and urine in meat, is acceptable and harmless? DO YOU think itā€™s acceptable and harmless? :blush:

3 Likes

Does anyone know how effective high pH pure water is at cleaning? It could be used in a pole to remove dirt then rinsed with a neutral pH water. Totally clean. No chems or surfs.

http://buyglim.com

Oh yeah. They sell machines that make this kind of water. I should write an article for the WCM on water chemistry. I really love everything about it. And could talk for hours about it. OK. Why not. Check out this next link. It is from my other blog www.molecularhealthmedia.com. Did you know that the millions of different protein molecules that the human body is constructed with have been designed to do all that they do in and with water molecules? Totally mind blowing!!!

http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/water_molecule.html

Henry

3 Likes

I had a look. Very interesting. There sure is more to know on this subject Henry. The work of the original designer eludes our full understanding. Meanwhile we should be careful how we care for it.

1 Like

I wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap after cleaning windows. All kinds of nasty stuff is on the windows that we clean off.

1 Like

Anti bacterial soaps are really bad for you. Just use regular soap or Dawn.

Well, pure water is dangerous to the human body as well. Suffice to say that everything should be used as intended. Like Tide Pods some things just should not be ingested!

Pure water can kill you

1 Like

I remember a few years ago I had a heated discussion with another window cleaner on a face book page about pure water, he was saying that it was the best and all he would drink is DI water, then a whole bunch of people started posting links to studies why you shouldnā€™t drink pure water, he ended up deleting the whole postā€¦

1 Like

These problems are not new. Living longer we will inevitably see more health issues. Advanced diagnostics and years of studies have allowed us to identify what effects various chemicals can cause health problems.

When the average lifespan was 40-50 years, the science and technology to reliably identify a lot of the issues and problems.

Just wear gloves people.

How many time has the soap issue been brought upā€¦

It all boils down toā€¦

gloves = peace of mind when it comes to cleaning most things.

2 Likes

Yeah but what if youā€™re allergic? Lol

2 Likes

Then stop wasting time talking about soapā€¦

again ā€¦

and take some of your free time ā€œnowā€ and find gloves that you are not allergic too. Lol :wink:

If your allergic to peanuts you stay away from peanutsā€¦ same goes big nose

1 Like

Iā€™m just poking the bear. After all dihydrogen oxide kills more people every year than soap or drinking pure water.

1 Like

Pure water (ro/di or distilled) isnā€™t harmful to your body. Drinking too MUCH water is. The article is misleading. I didnā€™t see any study citied or an authors full name.

ā€œThey put it on the internet, so it HAS to be true, right?ā€

3 Likes

Yes. The headline has to do with manual handling and general health and safety issues. No mention of drinking processed water or soap was intended.

So we shouldnā€™t eat Tide pods ?

1 Like

Or Downy Dotsā€¦

yeah the reason weā€™re discovering that all these things cause cancer is because we never lived long enough until now to get cancer from them we always died of something else earlier.