Is "The Legend of Doug" a Scam?

Well, feel free to delete my last post, then, if you feel it violates that policy.

I was just thinking about how I could help.

Well fellas,
I have defended Doug as well, because I knew him personally and considered him a friend. We have worked on a few jobs together and he was a good kid.

[B]I must say though[/B] that after being worried about him and wondering if he was even still alive because of his actions being so out of his character I did get a text message from him a few days ago after contacting his family on FB.

He is alive all right.

I really doubt that he is man enough to show his face after all of this, I hope I am wrongā€¦and Doug if you are reading this, you need to man up.

Its a true shame that he had to ruin peoples trust like this. Now he has jaded people and made people not trust anybody anywhere. Thats what sucks about this whole thing, beside all the money lost.

Doug, if you get right, you have a friend for life- if you donā€™t get right, I hope you make good friends where ever you go.

Solid advice, Tory.

Hey guys just a quick heads up. Please donā€™t call the phone number on the streakfree website. I bought the site from Doug a couple of months ago and he changed the phone number to mine. Iā€™ve been getting a few anonymous out of state phone calls the past couple of weeks and I think it might have something to do with his disappearance. I am on the opposite end of most others in that I owe him money. But like everybody else he hasnā€™t returned my phone calls or texts. Iā€™m hoping he is alright and has a good reason for being MIA.

As the owner of GlassRenu I would like to address this comment as it made me scratch my head. Doug does have a GlassRenu system, and what he is doing with it I havenā€™t a clue as we havenā€™t heard from him since Jan. He is not doing anything with us directly. I want to make sure that it is very clear, I do not condone or support Dougā€™s behavior nor will I enable it. GlassRenu stands behind the members of this forum regardless of if you are a customer of ours. There is a right way to do business and then there is this. Our customers make our business and I hate to hear about this sort of BS. I hope that there will be some resolution to the issue for all our sakes. And FYI, Doug still owes GlassRenu some SEO service we paid for.

Well, Iā€™m not the one scamming people, so I feel no reason to defend myself.

Any business owner can offer their customer a guarantee, but any business owner can also stiff the customer on that guarantee if thatā€™s the way their moral code is written. I, personally, worry about the small stuff, almost to a fault. I cant sleep at night if thereā€™s anything ā€œup in the airā€, so I purposely go out of my way not to step on toes / screw people / be shady.

Besides, Iā€™ve had a web client completely lose interest in a job after I did all of the structuring work (about 10 hours). Seriouslyā€¦ the placeholder page is still there and says ā€œLaunching October 1st, 2005ā€. They couldnt decide on a color scheme, and after about 6 months I stopped hearing from them. THATS why I take a 50% deposit.

Do you work for free? I sure as hell donā€™t.

The legend of Doug contacted me when he 1st joined WCR to get seo advise. Now he thinks he is an SEO expert. i think not.

You all get what you pay for i guess. Good luck on getting your money back.
Maybe you should just find out where he lives or hire him to remove some scratches on your windows if you live in so cal and kick his you know what.

Itā€™s been a while since i posted on here.

Hey Doug. Long time man.

Although I donā€™t condone what you said.

It has been a long time, sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands. This site has really changed since i was on here like a year ago.

What up Starfish!! Sorry I missed your call yesterday my manā€¦good to see you back!

I wasnā€™t asking you to defend yourself; I was giving you an opportunity to communicate the benefits of dealing with you and specific areas where you are proven to be different than someone like Doug.

I want asking you to work for free, either. Of course ā€“ since you asked ā€“ I have completed work and awaited payment after ensuring that my customer is completely satisfied (pretty much every residential WCā€™ing; monthly-billed route work; large commercial and/or CCU work.)

Iā€™m sure you see my points nowā€¦

Call me up Tory, your phone is turned off.

I paid him $1200 and after not doing anything for 2 month I asked for my money back. Well 3 weeks later he gave me $299 back and said the rest of it was for Seo work. My site was never opened up to allow search engines to find it.
I saved all the emails and texts between us and have all the proof that he (admitingly) owed me money.
I have called a lawyer and she advised me on what to do. The problem though could be that he is in California and Iā€™m in Texas.
And Chris, your rightā€¦I found him through the first issue of your magazine. I tried tellin others but everyone believed him and not me.

By the wayā€¦ I OWN www.thelegendofdoug.com

Kevin I invited you here on day one because of the tremendous value you add to the community. We have become good friends, and I sometimes also use you for projects. I would vouch for you anytime, please friend sell away you are an exception. I would recommend you to anyone!

Thats a very generous offer you posted up. Love it.

I dunno; heā€™s go a great guaranteeā€¦
SD Glass Restoration|San Diego Glass Repair Experts

Oh ok bro, sorry took it the wrong way considering the serious tone of this thread.

Well, for starters, my for my keyword strings (which I wonā€™t give away without a confidentiality agreement) I Google rank 1,2,5 & 7, 1&4 and 2,3 & 5. Yahoo and MSN/Bing are even more saturated. Not to mention I have a second site that was launched last month QUICKLY climbing the ranks (already page one for most relevant keyword strings) and a 3rd site, launched last week and much more localized, that Iā€™m positive will pretty much dominate within a 5 mile radius of here.

Not bad for a company in business for 1 year and competing against a SEO empire (ACWC)ā€¦ right?

Also, i did a site for a daycare here that hit #1 before the site was even completed, and a few more that are heavy hitters. A site iā€™m doing for a tile importer will hit #1 in New Jersey when Iā€™m done with it, (although I make no guarantees because NOBODY in SEO can guarantee #1 or even first page)

Thats the Triple C Advantage lol

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that.

cuz Iā€™m at home doinkā€¦
(619)407-7115

my phone is in the truck, I ainā€™t gonna go and get it eitherā€¦hit me at home foo!

Are you aware that he has ā€œ[email protected]ā€ listed on his contact us page for sdglassrestoration? Itā€™s in the sourcecode.

Kevin THANK YOU for your kind act of generosity. I am a proud member
of your online community and also stand behind you, your name and
Doug McDonaldā€™s name a.k.a Legend of Doug name doesnā€™t even belong
on the same planet.

Also thank your WCR and GlassRenu for standing behind the members of
this forum and community.

It surely hurts less knowing the numerous others of us he has hurt financially.
Its also heals the pain knowing all the TRUE support there is in this community.
There has been a solid outcry from the members within a four hour period in
the middle of the workweek!

To all those who were scammed by Doug, including Chris and Alex, I hope your
spring is prosperous and well!

I for one hope Doug is banished from this forum. HOPEFULLY he is MAN enough
to stand up and admit he was wrongā€¦