Is "The Legend of Doug" a Scam?

Beautiful!!

His glass restoration site is back up. He must have paid his bill. I guess he is still lurking around.

He is a cockroach

He does exist, the legend of sasquatch

Larry, as usual your wrong. EVERYONE except you know its 75.3256125418%. Duh.:stuck_out_tongue:

[B]This is pasted off of Dougs Glass Restoration Website, seriously [/B]

ā€œIf for any reason you arenā€™t 100% satisfied with the quality workmanship you receive, or the way you are treated by your window repair technician you will not be charged a single penny! No jokeā€

-Doug MacDonald | owner/operator
Do yourself a favor, save yourself a headache, and get the job done right the first time, Call San Diego Glass Restoration right now!

858-480-9420

I dont have long distance. Someone stole it.:rolleyes:

I just sighted doug buying some steel wool at home depot and I said is that for your window restoration business? and he commented back ā€œno its for my crack pipeā€

Bronze wool lasts longerā€¦

This made me think of another possibility, for those that wondered why his behavioral patterns shifted, the same reason a hustlers skills at pool suddenly shift.

He could be a diabolical genius, or most likely just a hustler.

He used the ā€œThe Legend ofā€, from the beginning, meaning comically or realistically he already had grandiose ideas of himself, most people saw the name as humor, but he may not have, especially considering the arrogance many have reported at the end.

Since he is supposedly back and forth to LA, maybe he is working on a screenplay for his scam, SEO is the new ā€œBlowā€:wink:

Perhaps, though Doug once explained his user name as an homage to Legend of Zelda, eh?

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/marketing-advertising-sales/1589-importance-company-image-branding.html

Definitely a diabolical genius then, or an elfin princess?:smiley:

Here is his whois info from his website:
MacDonald, Doug [email protected]
Streak Free window cleaning
182 Avenida Chapala
San Marcos, California 92069
United States
+1.7604844735

Kyle, I just got a update from Doug on facebook. It says he is now in a relationship. I wonder if he is in jail or prison how that will be working out for him!

Man I hate to bump a thread like this, but I am simply amazed at the amount of pages. I have been ripped off for $15,000, ended up getting it back but it took over a year. Scam artist can come in all types, sizes, religions etcā€¦ and you never see it coming. Actually just had our Expedition broken into over the weekend and our GPS was stolen. Itā€™s not necessarily the material goods, but the feeling of being violated and trust issues that are really disturbing. I hope everyone bands together.

Anyone hear anything about Doug lately?

Chris
He is still on my facebookā€¦seems he is owner or worker at SD Glass restoration. Looks like he just does glass restoration

Honestly I know people who are good friends with Doug, I only meet him once myself, but from what I understand he went through some hard times and from the sounds of things everything fell apart for him, so I donā€™t think he had any intention of taking peoples money and taking off, I think he had the real intention of providing SEO but when things fell through for him he probably just didnā€™t care anymore. Not that its ok to take peoples money and not follow through.

I donā€™t know the whole story, I wasnā€™t involved and also agree things happen. But to take everyones money then disappear isnā€™t right. A Payback plan could of saved some face.

Burning that many bridges = idiot!