Las Vegas- Experienced Cleaner Needed

No I am not, as you know. I am still doing charity work until June (prior commitment), and then I start canvassing when that is finished. The point I am trying to make is that if I want to make $425 a week, then all I need to do is $425 a week not $1416 to give him the other $991.

Most of the people in this forum are self employed to be business owners and live their dream, and not here to learn how to be employees working so the boss can live his. Or, am I missing something that is going to make you guys sell your business to go work for a 30% cut?

personally i didnt know what you’re doing nor care.

but this forum has alot of members with contacts i have a business contact in henderson that ill pass this info too. its a great part time wage better than my area. some guys struggle too make that starting out

2 Likes

as stated above some guys dont want a business nor would have the wherewithal too keep it running. jmo

2 Likes

That is all you are doing with such a miserable percentage for the guy doing the work.
Yeah, some people are struggling to make that starting out, but once they get proficient then they will be striking out on their own and be your competition. They will eventually get wise. And if all they are getting is 30%, then they have lots of opportunities to cut your throat (beat your prices and steal your customers). So you have a non compete clause? Great! For how long? As soon as it is up then they can go right back to those same locations and under price you by 40% and still make twice what you were paying them.

All I am saying is that 30% does not seem fair to me if you want to build an employer/employee relationship that will last. All I said is that I would not want to take him up on that offer. And then point out how much work a person would actually have to do to ever kick in that commision to be over the minimum pay guarantee.

Then why did you ask how much I am making?
:roll_eyes:

Yippie for them.
I was not speaking for some guys when I made my comment.
I was stating why I think that deal stinks.

only knew you were new and nothing more.

this would also work for a new startup too get subwork and also build a working relationship with someone experienced.

how much do you think an employee should make? wasnt his drive that built the business nor his finances, or contacts you get my drift

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Well, offering the commission is still making them an employee and not a partner, and yes I am new but not gullible. The one thread that I posted in where someone was subbing work was a 60/40 split with the 60 going to the sub. Sure the sub is furnishing his own stuff, and that is why I thought that split was less than desirable. This post has never really mentioned if they use their own vehicle and/or tools. So, is that going to be a surprise later? And if you are furnishing a company vehicle, then why would you not state that to attract the “professional” that you are seeking?

Can’t place a figure on the that until all of the variables are known.
However, 30% to go do all the work for this Job that I have lined up, is not appealing to me in general.

So your saying a business owner/washer would make the full amount fair enough. But they aren’t paying the insurance, gas, license equipment etc either so why would they make 100%? Not trying to start any flak or argument at all I’m just trying to understand the logic and thought process. Like everyone else on here I’m here to learn

1 Like

What part of his post says that he is furnishing you a vehicle, or gas, or equipment?

Again, am I missing something, or are you making assumptions?

And no, I did not see that on the first page of the link provided, so I am not proceeding to fill out all of my personal information to find out if it is o page 2, or 3, etc

1 Like

i never said making partner. but too get jobs coming in as a sub even that you didnt earn or pay for is a huge benefit. more so when brand new. sub work is generally alot better than 30% but for an employee who just has too show up that hourly wage isn’t bad.

i dont want employees nor the hassle that comes with them. hats off too those that have them and have a booming business.

my model is different but we did have workers in the beginning and realized just how much is required too keep them paid, happy and the business too grow and be profitable.

again what do you think an employee in his market should be making?

If you know fish at all or look into the ad or asked the op like I did this is all provided

Fair enough sorry I apologize. I asked the details on it and failed to mention it in my prior post

Then go work for him.

I am just saying that I would not, and that imo the other $900 + a week could easily provide you with what they will provide and more.

It was the or 30% whichever is greater that got me, because the base salary for an employee does seem fair, until you do the math to see what it takes to earn more than that minimum.

1 Like

if you’re able too pull in that dollar amount on a weekly basis lol
most typical employees would have no idea how too pull that in on a weekly basis man let alone the nearly 1500

exactly

and if they were good enough to do that amount of work, then why in the hell would they do it for 30%?

1 Like

Are you licensed bonded and insured? The costs of this alone is a nightmare. But hey fair enough I understand your point of view and can totally understand your point of view on this and respect it. I say more power to you and I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit in your business. I know it’s hard running /operating a business from scratch. Hope you the best

1 Like

NO!

YES, I have a driver’s license
YES, I have car insurance
NO, I am not bonded.

So I am only licensed and insured, :wink:

1 Like

ask his other employees why they do it lol

i know some guys happy too do that. me not so much.

im selp employed for a reason but not everyone has the motivation too be self employed and whats the point in slamming someone who’s looking for someone who wants too work for that ?

essentially thats what was happening

whats supposed too be a fair wage for employees? percentage wise?

So there’s where we are different. We do a lot of FMC and corporate work, which requires a business license, general liability and workers comp to meet COI requirements. I’m sorry the post created so much discussion. Just looking for a couple/few potential leads for guys that are looking for work 3-5 hours A day. There is lots of glass to clean in my town- room for all of us.

3 Likes