Late fees

Seems like some large organizations take longer to be responsive to new accounts. It usually works out in the long run if no bridges get burnt.

Sounds like this work will also give your business good visibility to their areas.

2 Likes

The thing about late fees is they usually never pay them. With large corporations and especially NSPs its part of their strategy to slow pay. It’s what they do. It can be very frustrating. Smaller size businesses need to be really careful with these types of jobs.

In my mind, once it gets to the point that you have to send someone to collections or try and attribute a late fee all money is usually lost by that point. Once you factor in the aggravation the phone calls and the mental space, it takes up.

Should you state there will be a late fee in your T&C Yep. That will maybe help encourage prompt payment. But if you have to enforce it or think about it adios profit.

1 Like

So for the first time in five years I did a store front at the start of last June. A 7-11 called, we told them it would be $85. Surely, they will go with someone else. Nope they went with us. These were the nastiest windows and took forever. I billed them through HCP right away. No payment; sent invoices at 30/60 and finally on day 90 I sent another. I was going to just delete the job, but instead added a $10 late fee. The owner sent payment within the hour with a credit card through HCP.

2 Likes

A 7-11 ?
If so you need to go there in person An get your money ther. Demand payment , or your not leaving , An if you do it will be with $80 worth of beer :+1:
If this was a one time clean ya should of got paid on the spot. 7-11 is not a corporation therr individual ownerd At least out here they are

If you want to work for them you will accept their terms.

You must ask these questions up front, prior to bidding and read contracts thoroughly. This way you have the choice of accepting the process or not.

If you think about it does it really matter if you get paid 30 days after?

late fee has been on all our documents since day 1

Never has someone paid the late fee.

We never pushed it unless past 90 days.

Can say a small incentive to pay at completion has worked well.

“My husband controls the check book”
“you’ll save $5 if we get paid now”

Amazing how quickly the obtain control of the check book

3 Likes