Let's talk some baseball

What happened earlier vs. Donaldson is all in the eye of the beholder. I see it this way: Your guys crowd the plate and dive in when they swing, then get mad when pitchers come inside. Other baseball fans who don’t root for the Jays tend to see it that way too. You see it differently, which is fine. That’s what fans do.

The KC pitchers didn’t handle the hit batter stuff well earlier this year and showed immaturity. The pitch last night was a punk move because it was at his head. Even Escobar said that was his only problem with it. Hosmer has always been the KC voice of reason this year, and even he was mad about it. I’m glad they didn’t retaliate this time around. Winning is the best payback.

Congrats tony enjoy the parade !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

That was amazing! I had 2 beers with my dinner in the first inning, and nothing after that, but I have a World Series hangover today.

Even if the Royals are good again and even if they manage to win the World Series again, we will never see such an amazing run loaded with one comeback after another again.

[MENTION=5875]Tony C[/MENTION]

If they crowd the plate then do as Escobar said, throw inside at their waist/legs. Your guys kept throwing high.

Whatever I may think of the Royals I got to respect their ability to claw back every series.

Anyway, season is over, congrats on the WS man.

[MENTION=7269]Majestic66[/MENTION]

Bautista or Encarnacion to replace Cespedes for… Syndergaard. :cool:

Syndergaurd is the one guy out of all of them I wouldn’t trade.
If I were the mets I would look into getting a guy like Dee Gordon. Moves grandson out of the lead off spot.
They are not singling cespedes or Murphy, but they need to replace those bats to some point

They need bull pen help also obviously if we had a bull pen we win the series this year. You Can’t give up leads like they did.
It’s Not like they faced the 1927 Yankees ( not a knock on the Royals they are a very good team, but they were beatable)

Ha I decided I don’t want to give up Matz Harvey or Degrom either oh and no wheeler

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

I can understand why you feel this way.

As a Cardinals fan, we are spoiled for sure.

There are things about the Dodgers I don’t like, but Kershaw seems like a genuinely nice guy and I feel bad for how it ended. It’s too bad the bullpen couldn’t be trusted to come in sooner and pick him up.

As a huge STL fan, I can’t tell you how unlikely it was for Adams to hit a homerun off a left handed pitcher. Like, he’s pretty terrible vs left handed pitching. Tough loss for kershaw because he was cruising through 6.

My wife is funny because she grew up loving soccer and volleyball but with no interest in baseball. When there’s a tough loss like that she’ll say something like: oh he’ll be okay. I’m sure his millions of dollars a year for playing a kids game will make him feel better this winter :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Pretty bum that we lost Greinke , hope we land Cueto , but in the mean time this is me

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Happy junior made it to the hall of fame . They should also give him some type of a Madal for most beautiful swing

1 Like

What !! No mention about Piazza. Don’t be hating cause he is going in as a Met. Lol

Junior and Piazza were both great. Loved watching them play.

The Hall of Fame is a complete joke, though. Junior gets 99% of the vote, and Jim Edmonds gets 2.5% (and is no longer eligible to be on the ballet). His career triple slash line was better than Junior’s, about 12 WAR less than Junior (Jr: ~77, Edmonds: ~66) in 5 fewer seasons, and he had 8 Gold Gloves to Junior’s 10. And somehow that equals a 96% difference in voting? In their first year on the ballot, Jr. goes in unanimously and Edmonds gets eliminated from future consideration? Completely ridiculous.

Never mind the fact that Edmonds was a better, more consistent OF than MANY current HOFers, such as Andre Dawson. Never mind the fact that from 1995-2005, Jim Edmonds was statistically rated as better (offense and defense combined) than every player besides AROD and Bonds.

I don’t think Edmonds was better than Junior. But he was almost as good over an 18 year career. He’s probably top 10 CFers all-time. And he was only allowed 1 year of eligibility for HOF voting?

The MLB Hall of Fame is a complete joke.

NFL playoffs start this weekend baseball talk after Feb
:roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jim Edmonds was a very good baseball player, but Junior was a great baseball player. If Junior didn’t get hurt he holds the HR Record . He was the best player of his time by far that wasn’t associated with Steroids. Edmonds is comparable to a Andre Dawson , but no way to Griffey.

1 Like

I live in Detroit.
And my home team is the LIONS.

Football talk pretty much ends around November, here.

Our Superbowl is… the NFL Draft.

1 Like

I hope you’re not a chargers fan . I can’t stand rivers

I agree completely: Junior was one of a kind, especially in his prime. He had hands down my all-time favorite swing.

Edmonds wasn’t that level, it’s true, but he wasn’t so much worse that he deserved to be permanently eliminated from the ballot.

It’s funny, because as I “reflect” with the headline of it all, today…

I thought back to when Junior wasn’t even the best player on his TEAM.

Hindsight and all that…

It was A-Rod, then Big Unit, then Junior.

Side note: I’m pissed Alan Trammel didn’t/will never get in.

Yeah Alan Trammell is getting lost to time. Not really fair.

On a side note, I really wish Junior would have been the one to set the home run record.

2 Likes

It’s unbelievable that team didn’t win a championship . I think they were a pitcher or two short.

It’s s shame samething happened to Dwight Evans. Similar numbers an a great glove

I’m not familiar with him, but I did he read his name in an article about the HOF.

The whole Hall of Fame is getting pretty ridiculous.

And I agree, it’s unbelievable the Mariners never got a championship out of that team.