Liquidator too liquidy

I use clips because I use Ettore brass channels. The clips cause problems with the rubber curving up like a slope on the end when channels are cut at 45*. Clip placement is kinda tricky if you want no curve. Even with the 30* it’ll curve sometimes. The rubber is curved a tad in my picture above. I was lazy and didn’t stay focused during my clip placement.

That’s going to happen with every tool when first start using it, it just depends if you want to spend the time to adjust to the new tool.

3 Likes

Tomorrow I will try this:
Change to new Red Rubber. Cut the angles. Go back to the version 1 end clips and put extra soap in the bucket…
If this will still give me problem I have to think about if it’s beneficial for me to teach to handle the Liquidator… or I should go with the tools I already know.

1 Like

I thought this was going to be about the whole squeegee dripping water down your hand (happens to me).

With regard to the lines, I’ve found w/ Moerman soft rubber, I need to pick off pieces of hang-rubber after the ends wear in a little. This has reduced rainbows etc. dramatically. I can take gobs of solution and not leave rainbow lines, but I’m using zip-ties to hold the ends in place and the rubber consistently sitting in the channel.

Please enlightenment me :thinking:

I think he is talking about zip-tie shims to keep the rubber from flipping around on a tight turn

3 Likes

Do the zip tie shims come with the liquidator squeegees or do we have to order them separately?

PS
I’m sorry, I’ve been a smart ass my whole life. LOL

4 Likes

That’s funny. DIY modifications on the squeegee that was supposed to end DIY modifications.

3 Likes

I actually use the Green Unger clips sliced in half now. … Let’s call it testers butting heads with manufacturer. Bob and the rest of us want this type of solution. … others are sceptical… but the results are definitely beneficial.

2 Likes

Second week with my Liquidators and Excelerator’s, and I’m loving them. Just awesome! Used my 18’ Excelerator for the first time today on some large high inside windows = perfect! No detailing. Not to much water dripping on the walls. Just great. Really cuts down the time. Using the squirt bottle system inside and saving time, and getting better day by day with my Liquidators in the hand. I look forward to using them every day. I take it as a challenge to overcome any issues they present and MAKE them work. I’m converted. That’s all I got to say. In six months, or a years time I will have mastered them, and not allow them to master (defeat) me.

4 Likes

I’ve been using Unger Hard Rubber in my Liquidator and so for so good. I did the paper clip mod to hold the rubber on the ends and it made everything work much better than without the clips. I have only done one small house with this set up (not full time cleaning a the moment) but I also agree the Hard Rubber is the way to go for Liquidator here in the states.

3 Likes

Is that anything like the zip tie mod above?

1 Like

Yes it is similar. I got the idea from Polzn Bladz video I will link below. He recommends this when you are using any other rubber besides moerman. My Unger hard rubbers didn’t work good at all then I did this paper clip trick and it is perfect now. I have also used unger green clips and just cut them if half and that works also and is very similar to the zip tie method.

2 Likes

Hopefully on the next version of the Liquidator they will come up a end clip that will eliminate the need to do these mods etc…I have never been a fan of any of the squeegees that have the rubber being held by the teeth of the handle only. I like my rubber to be very stable in the channel & imo you need endclips to do that.

3 Likes

I agree! I use Unger brass handles with my Ettore brass channels and I still like the Ettore endclips.

1 Like

Today I used my Liquidator with the Contour Pro + handle and I went back to the version 1 end clips which I have bent back a little bit.
Worked beautiful! Made me happy again! :grinning:
And tomorrow I will try my 16’. I cut down a 18’. Will be interesting!

1 Like

I started out trying different things because these channels are a bit finicky. I was originally happy with Sorbo clips, but I wipe the squeegee a lot because the backside collects a bit of solution pulling it out of my hip bucket, leaving a big line on my first pull after cutting in. I kept snagging the clips on my towel when I’d wipe it and lose the clips, so now I use zip ties without the ‘zip unit’; just the flat part. Works great.

I dig this tool for aluminum framing without much exposed seal. If there’s a big bead of sealant, the pointed tip digs in and jutters unless you barely touch it with a bit of speed without taking a hard angle into it. I always have it on me, but use it maybe 70-80percent on commercial glass. I’ve used it where all the windows are big on residential (only have an 18), and it was great with Marvin custom glass/frames. They’re painted aluminum, so it’s nice to have plastic touching the frame instead of metal. I need to get a 12 once heavy residential kicks in.

2 Likes

Can you please tell me how does the new version of the liquidator compares to the old? I have the old, the clips are removable. Correct me if I am wrong but does the new version have fixed clips? And does it have better glide across bigger glass?
I’m just thinking if it would be a better choice to go and get the new version…
Can you give me your opinion?
Thank you

Channels are identical. Clips have been changed so that they lock into a cut out at each end of the channel. Impossible to lose them. The plastic is a harder more durable formula and I personally think that the angle of bend in is not quite as severe. I’ve never had any issue with glide (add more slip) but I do feel that it has a slightly freer feel when breaking in a new rubber. I personally can switch backwards and forwards between either channel without noticing any major differences. If you intend to use the Fliq pad and Excelerator handle I’d definitely recommend the V2 channel as it was designed alongside the Fliq and the Fliq Clip locks into the same cutout as the Liquidator Clip. If however you’re using it bare on another brand handle? No major advantage unless you’re losing clips.

3 Likes