Little Giant vs Werner - Firsthand Comparison

I was comparing the regular little giant to the regular warner or “apples to apples” :wink:

1 Like

Ah well there’s our discrepancy. Anyway, the option is there for a lighter multi-ladder with the same load capacity. Just costs about a hundred bucks more for that ten pound difference.

As they say in motorcycle racing: The most expensive feature you can add is less weight.
:biking_man::checkered_flag:

4 Likes

When you stop to think about it that heavier ladder is going to be WAY MORE EXPENSIVE to own in the long run when you consider lost revenue due to fatigue etc.

PS
If ya use it for ten years that’s $10 a year or less than 25 cents a week. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

1 Like

Probably true. From a manufacturing standpoint the cost will be higher up front for lighter and stronger materials. But for the end user a lighter, faster and easier-to-deploy unit could potentially offset the cost many times over its lifespan.

1 Like

At $60 and hr i don’t think it would take long to save $100 in production output.

1 Like

i choose to look at it from another angle, all that extra weight saves me on a gym membership

2 Likes

Post a picture of your body and we’ll be the judge of that JK

2 Likes

All i know is, people can hate all they want, that little giant is a fantastic ladder and one of the most well-made made in USA products i have experienced.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s ever a good idea to buy a knock off when it comes to TOOLS.

2 Likes

My Vulcan 17’ Type 1A Multi-Purpose cost $123.60. It showed up today. It weighs 35.3 lbs. and will be a good fit for loading. transporting and unloading in my van. The locking pins for extending the inners and the top hinge pins look similar to the Werner.

I will post more findings later this week after I use it.

Specs: http://www.vulcanladderusa.com/17-Multi-Task-Ladder_ES-17T11G1.html

3 Likes

um, werner is not a knock off

1 Like

What is it? I know, just a cheap imitation of the original idea. It’s obviously not a Little Giant.

1 Like

omg it’s a ladder war that doesn’t include stack ladders…yet!

5 Likes

hmmmmm, so in the pictures on your link the bottom 2 show a ladder with orange plastic unlike the other pictures on the vulcan site but curiosly similar to …little giant ladders!!!
verrrrry interesting!

3 Likes

Well since you brought it up… Stacks are the best!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness they are highly useful, but not totally necessary. I ended purchasing a set due to doing a lot of homes with tall interior ladder sets. I also like the the fact that I don’t have to use a ladder rack 95% of the year! Just my tonneau cover. Currently we carry for ladders are: Werner 2 ft step, 4 ft step, Werner multi purpose 22, Mettalic 4 6ft sections. At home resides our Little Giant 26ft (heavy only for chandelier cleaning), Werner 24 ft and 32 ft extension ladders.

2 Likes

I use to own a gorilla LG “knock off” so I know what it’s like to work with them.

HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY

+1

Ugh… I bought a set and hate them so far. I think if i ever catch on to the technique though I’ll love em.

2 Likes

i carry a little giant from costco.

I used a 22 lg for several years and got used to it. I don’t have it anymore and dang if I don’t miss that thing. You could set it up on a pitched roof or a peak to reach a dormer window. It was really great for over stairs. All that said it was heavy but you just get stronger. I am keeping my eyes open for a used one all the time now. I hope the person who stole it is happy. I have this one job I have to get right up on top of it in a frame mode and it was just as rock solid as can be.

1 Like