Major Heat

When working in the heat, you really need to stay hydrated. This doesn’t mean drinking an extra glass of water before you go out the door. Your body needs a bit of time to absorb the fluids properly. Drink often all day and night during these hot times.

When I’m on the job, I drink gatoraid and water. I go though a couple of gallons on some days (just at work) and probably another gallon when I’m not working.

When it’s hot I drink constantly. I even bought a Camelbak so I can drink without stoping (I need to dig it out again).

Drink, drink and drink some more. Use sunscreen too. Burnt skin will not help you cool down.

Respect for you guys who work in such hot and hard conditions…i bet most of you get up really early and start as early as possible dont you ? it really takes it out of you when you are working in that sunshine and that heat…if i was in your shoes i would try and cut a few corners and not be so fussy . as long as the customer is happy…try and save energy wherever possible…but not just window cleaners what about people building roads and people roofers and street cleaners for example… respect for all these guys

Today’s forcast here in Toronto Canada is close to 104F with the humidty. Tomorrow is going to be the real story maker, 118f with the humidity!

Npt fun at all.

In Seattle today, the high will be 67F cloudy and a small chance of light rain showers. Yesterday was also 67F.

I don’t think we will reach over 75 this month…The cool working days makes work very nice, well that’s the pacific northwest for you, very mild. Oh we do get a few days in the high 80’s, more likely the low to mid 80’s, and not to often in the low 90’s but that’s far and in-between !

All you in that major heat and then ice buckets must have pretty hard shells.I I’m kinda beside myself because my vegetable garden don’t grow well in these lower temps !

Dange

Were having our coolest summer in a long time. We had a week or so in the 105 range…and they are saying hi 90’s for a few days now…but all in all…low 90’s and cool 60’s at night. Start early, drink gallons of water carry a bunch of shirts and b.o. Juice.

We got through today, myself and two guys. We started at 7 and got home at 4:30. Did 1 two-story bank in/out and 34 other commercial jobs of varying size. Temps were in the low 90’s and getting a little more humid. It wasn’t too bad as we kept hydrated. Tomorrow and Friday are going to be the killers here though.

I just ate some potato chips and my wrist sweated putting it in the bag.

Extra salty chips now.

we are starting early and finishing early when its really sweltering hot. Last thursday I gave me and the guys the day off,( 105 degree heat index) and spent the day in my pool…felt a little guilty…but thats one of the advantages of being your own boss i suppose. We had a couple gutter jobs on those hot days and felt as if we were melting…i like hot weather but this is just a little too hot. Just think, in a few months we’ll be complaining about the snow…dont even want to think about it.

Well Today we hit 83, things are blistering up, really though nothing like the eastern seaboard or the mid-west or southwest , or southeast !

The Westy Coasty is hovering below those extremes except for the Central valley where it’s always blistering, and Death Valley which is the hottest place on earth ! San Franny is calling for mid 90’s by the end of the week and San Diego seems to be the sweetest spot on the west coast @ 73 !

Now wait a minute …Yeah , Portland Oregon Is hitting 90 today !

Dange

You should ask Curt Kempton about the humidity he experienced when I picked him up at the airport Friday! :wink: And it was about 8PM and had cooled down here.

Nasty…Move to the west coast, the Pacific northwest, very mild !

Dangit

You and I that close together would be a bad idea.

Why ?

With how much we disagree here it could only be worse if we were face to face.

I’m sure you guys would dig deep and become chums. Lotsa maturity on both sides.

Well, today the temps. were in the 60’s and 70’s but we got dumped on with rain a few times. We almost got through the day, but had to leave one side of a house for another day.

Whats the cold range in the winter months there?

Danny,

That’s the way I see it, thank you for the positive post…It’s great when people put things into a positive perspective and allow others to be themselves. There is never a problem in disagreements, that’s how the groups are able to coaxial, or two individuals not seeing eye to eye, they still can coaxial if they are willing to pull together even though they disagree because they are gliding the same stream !

Live and let live is my perspective, even if we are to disagree we breath the same air and see the same sun and live in the same time and we work the same work and all can still coexist and be respectful, honorable, humble, and being friendly to all in-spite of disagreements !

Dan your a straight up guy and again thanks for you friendship !

Yesterday (Sunday) we hit 83 and today we had a splash of rain with thunder and lightening @ 67f

Hey Ray,

We average around 35 to 40 most of the winter, we’ll go to the teens or low 20’s for about 2 to 3 weeks spread out during the winter !
Last year we had one week of 20 degree weather but that was during November before the start of winter !

We may get snow but maybe not…Pretty mild here !

Dange

Having worked in Florida in the heat for years. Here are some tips:
Drink water before you start and while you work
Start early if you can, in extreme heat 530 am before sunrise
Pace yourself
dont eat a heavy lunch, eat light
wear a hat
take small cool down breaks

temp here this week is 90 with 55% humidity typical weather for summer