Marking tools- who's stuff is who's?

[MENTION=6944]buzzlightyear[/MENTION]

Paint, it gets right into those small cracks and crevices. Each worker has a colour and there is no need to cover everything just a small spray inside a handle, Chanel, screw gate On your crabs. You can’t get rid of every bit of paint.
Other than that, don’t touch others gear. Not always convenient when your on a job with others.

i went with electrical tape. easy, cheap and effective. i gave each guy their own roll and color so they can mark their tools as the get new ones. i liked the color coded buckets like [MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION] said so I did that too. he’s my hero

1 Like

We engrave everything but not with the employee name. We have “tool sets” instead. We named them Earth, Sky, Water, and Fire, etc… That way each employees is issued a set of tools and if they leave I can issue them to someone else without changing the engraved name.

Fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender?

2013 World Series Champion
Boston Red Sox

Why do I have to be Mr. Pink

1 Like

If he needs it that bad he can have it.

We did shirts for a buddy’s bachelor party, I was Mr. Pink.

Boston Red Sox

1 Like

When you did the quoting in that post I was somehow attributed with both quotes the second one is not mine.

Boston Red Sox

Great movie . Steve Buscemi Long island dude BTW, unfortunately so is Lindsey Lohan ugh!

I overlook his being from NY, because of all he did to help out his fellow firefighters around 9/11.

Boston Red Sox

Nah, I had a very “earthy” type guy working for me at the time and he suggested it. I was going to do boring numbers like 123, 246, 369, etc…

He was a NYC firefighter from 1976-1980

Caleb, how did this idea work out for you?

worked great. although we are running out of individual colors as the staff grows. so we’ll probably start doing double colors, ie. “joe is red/white; bill is green/blue”

At my old job we were a signed a set of equipment. You were responsible for your stuff, if you lost it or whatever. They would take it out of your check.