Meet & Greet

Hey How about a meet & greet lunch on Thur or Fri. say 1ish??
I have some accounts I can do on Fri or Thur, and this week is slow, weekend another story though.

I you want to reply by this forum and we can work out the details. Seeing as I live in Oshawa, I will come in to the Big Smoke to chat with ya’ll EH… :slight_smile:

Anybody up for this, Ed
Sorry Marc it is too far to go to North Bay, but it was nice chatting with you the other day.

I may be able to go Thursday at 1PM.

Ed, it was nice to chat with you too…its Eric by the way !

there have been changes to my website…please look at it my Canadian friends…tell me opinions and if there are any errors anywhere.

what’s your url again?

Great idea with the slideshow as a quicktime thing. Well done…I might have to steal that idea!

I like the new site, personally. Very nice. More persuasive.

Ed - I’ve got a big Thursday. No can do. Sorry.

OOOppppssss sorry Crazy - Eric, I knew that but was thinking of Marc when I posted as well, what a mistake, sorry about that. I do not normally make those errors.

www.crazyclean.ca is his url

I actually have a house gig Thursday and might be helping the client with some hard to reach painting touch ups. So no can do, mind you, it might rain on Thursday so…

If you guys do decide to meet, post the where and when and count me as a maybe.

hhmm,
can’t edit my own post - O well…

I like the updated look,

your Survey page, I can not download the survey, but I can email it to you. Must be missing something there, sorry.

Your front page loads in IE but not in my Firefox. I do need to update Firefox, but not tonight, so I will tell you when I update it.

I do like the front page when it loads for me, it does look persuasive.

hey, nice to meet another local guy turner…i think weekends would typically be better for me, like sat or sunday evening…or occasionally on monday’s or fridays, late afternoons…

its also possible, if enough people want…to do a meetup the first [something] of every month, or every 2 months might be more realistic…

I just fixed that… sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey, nice for me as well! What area are you in Contrast? Did you pass me today on Ritson Rd in the evening about 6ish?

This Thur, Ok, you pick the spot, you are the local (no Timmies please…)

Local and in the area does not have to mean competition, I have read a few times, someone posts you are my competition, but really we are not. We are colleagues/peers or our own system of network professionals.
E.g. I am looking at a strip mall, I do not know who does that mall, and I get here I say, hey Contrast do you do that mall, he replies YES, then I say OK, this store wants you, if he says No then I say, OK, just asked by a store to do them so I am going to try and get them all.

As Network professionals we then help each other out as opposed to hindering. Maybe I do not want to drive to Whitby but I know someone there, I can them make arrangements for them to go to the store. Maybe a month passes and they call me and say, there is a store in Oshawa that wants service. It all helps out. just my .02c CDN

If we could work it out for a once a month meet and get together, then I would go for that as well. :slight_smile: :smiley:
(Fridays is the nasty traffic time! Although if the people from TO want to come out our way, then they have fast return times.)

Thank you for moderating and fixing my edit features, you would never know I went to Collage the way I spell !!! sad spelling.

Thanks Ed

Do you still want to do it Thursday? I don’t know if you got some pm you, but I’m the only one who gave you a definite yes so far. Maybe it’s not the best date for everyone. I’ll be working downtown area tommorow. Anyway, let me know.

Some weekends I can come, but other times I’m busy with my family.

Monday and Friday are usually bad days for me to make it.

Local and in the area does not have to mean competition, I have read a few times, someone posts you are my competition, but really we are not. We are colleagues/peers or our own system of network professionals.
E.g. I am looking at a strip mall, I do not know who does that mall, and I get here I say, hey Contrast do you do that mall, he replies YES, then I say OK, this store wants you, if he says No then I say, OK, just asked by a store to do them so I am going to try and get them all.

As to competition, initially I was nervous at posting stuff my competition would see. But I’ve learned much from them, and I hope they have learned much from me.

The thing with posting here is that people are often set in their ways, and if you provide what you feel is very good advice, often it’s not heeded because they have a different mindset and are not always ready to adopt a new way of approaching a situation. For example, you might tell someone that it would be in their benefit to raise their prices, and they won’t because they feel they aren’t worth more.

My hats are off to many of the Canadians here, including Mark, Kevin, Kyle (contrast), and Eric. I’ve learned much from them.

My thoughts are that although some areas have heavy competition, commercial window cleaning in the GTA is a growing market, there’s more than enough glass for everyone, and still, surprisinly some markets are neglected. There are still lucrative customers that are dissatisfied with drunk, sloppy, irregular window cleaners. The storefront market is still wide open. I can’t speak for residential since I don’t do resi.

As Network professionals we then help each other out as opposed to hindering. Maybe I do not want to drive to Whitby but I know someone there, I can them make arrangements for them to go to the store. Maybe a month passes and they call me and say, there is a store in Oshawa that wants service. It all helps out. just my .02c CDN

Exactly, I’m sure that as I begin my new window cleaning venture I will get tons of residential requests that I’ll have to pass to someone. I’ve already spoken with one window cleaner here about a protocol for passing that work on, or subcontracting it.

Anyway Turner, I look forward to reading your posts. You seem like a good guy.

Mike

This Thur, Ok, you pick the spot, you are the local (no Timmies please…) …

Sure this is a slow week. We can make a get together again for later in the month that everyone can attend!

This Thur, Ok, you pick the spot, you are the local (no Timmies please…) …

Sure this is a slow week. We can make a get together again for later in the month that everyone can attend!

ed at turnerclean.ca
905 409-8127

What makes you say this? How do you really know?

It’s my personal experience. I can’t say definitely over the forum. But in speaking to friends and competitors face to face, I have given suggestions and advice, but it has often gone unheeded, because they are set in their ways.

What has your experience been?

Hey Ed.

I’m sorry I can’t make it. I got an initial clean to do today, and I still have a bunch of route work I haven’t finished yet.

Thanks for trying to organize a meet. I’ll try to make it next time.

No Worries, it is a mini blizzard here today, so …

Why not Make a proper one later this month Guys??

My question was not in the context of competitors, but other members. I am not aware that my competitors are members here.

Don’t take this personally, but why does anyone have to heed your advice?

Nobody needs to heed the advise, though some should !

In Janitorial and Window cleaning companies the “competition” is afraid to talk to one another. Good God man, how ever are we to try and set or maintain a standard that is acceptable to making a decent living. IF you tell someone, New that they should price higher to keep the market price compatable, they should heed the advice or they will be looking at all those Tim Hortons, help wanted signs with longing very soon. -> And YOU might be as well !!

Maybe the old dude, who has not raised his prices in the last 10yrs, does not even now that he can do that? For about a million reasons, Maybe, HE should heed the advice as well, or he will be looking for handouts when he retires, if HE can ever retire.!!

just a thought