Minimum Amount $$$?

do you primarily do commercial or residential?

Let me add this about this post of mine. $15 is my minimum for regular scheduled storefront rt work. On Call , 1 Time only and “Emergency Jobs” I have a $ 50 minimum on those. :smiley:

Primarily residential.

my statement was really towards commercial runners, I have never had a Residential not pay me or pay late

My comments were all in regard to commercial service.

Mixed feeling about that.

One part of me says “taking advantage of the customer” ethically, bad business"
Other part says “good salesmanship or customer with money to blow.”

What’s your ethical dilemna? It’s the customer’s choice to accept the price or look elsewhere (and elsewhere does have lower prices.)

Many other service-related industries have minimum charges just to show up or examine you, your property, or your belongings.

didn’t you say you don’t have any commercial pay in cash?
hum…:stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhh…Don’t get me started!

This is one of those “crucial points” for most of us, and it can be a make or break factor, between average business success, and remarkable growth.

Please allow me one quick response, for your consideration:

Is selling the Lamborghini Reventon for one million EURO taking advantage of these particular buyers?

Is paying $50,000 for a diamond ring at Tiffany’s being ripped off?

The answer, of course, that I hear you saying is “no”, because those people chose to purchase these things, and are pleased with the transaction in the vast majority of cases.

That’s our goal, too, to charge the maximum amount of money, while still producing a completely satisfied client. Marketing is the game we play to get away with that maximum amount, for the most part. Remarkable workmanship, too, the best we can provide, for sure, but marketing is the other 50-90% of the equation.

In the case of the store I mentioned, it was being run by a large company, raking in the cash, that wanted a professional, reliable service provider to deal with. We gave them much more, and so were quite free to charge 400% more than our competition would.

Gotta love marketing!

Honestly, this pricing stuff is HUGE, but most of us don’t realize it.

I missed this part of what you said.

You’ve got to stop think of them spending big bucks as “blowing” their money, but rather as investing in something special: The unique, rewarding service experience that your company provides.

If you truly think they’re blowing the cash, I guarantee you’re going to feel guilty charging high prices, and likely avoid it.

One more pricing-based thing that can help you…

I’ve said this before, but I’ll gladly repeat it now:
There is no such thing as “fair” and no such thing as “correct”, when it comes to pricing your window cleaning and related services.

“Fair” and “Correct” are both subjective, and therefore nearly unlimited in elasticity.

I’m not getting your point.

Do you get mine?

never mind
:eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

Before I ever knew of Kevin we were both walking down a similar path on the price front. The only difference was he used physical marketing, whereas I just used an advert in the local paper once a week & word of mouth. When I read his book I realised that our policies are mainly the same. Although I have been marketing without advertising for a while. i.e signed quality vehicle, be seen where they are seen, uniform, knowing contacts & the movers & shakers. Just the way I drive has brought me work through etiquette. Amazing but true.

Clients will pay the price you ask if you take the fear out of the equation & give them exactly what they want. Put them at ease, talk to them on their level.

Once realised that pricing is physically anything you want it to be, just because there is no set price on anything bar the end product visually, then it can be realised without staying within the percepted value of the service or product.

I appreciate your response. Yeah, to be honest I would feel a bit guilty charging $50 dollars for 5 min of work.
Subjective, yes. I guess I never thought of that way.
Again thanks for your input.

I wasn’t going to mention anything until a few weeks from now, but since people are discussing large amounts paid for minimal work, I’d like to add my own recent experience.

A few days ago I cleaned a [I]single[/I] pane of glass (street level) at a local pizza shop. I’ll be getting a check for $976 in a couple of weeks. True story, wanna hear more?

That pane must of been a 100 feet long. lol

I don’t have a route, but I’m looking at getting started. I’m going in with low prices knowing that two other companies own a huge part of the market in the small towns area that I live. Only way in that I can figure out is to go under their price. However, when I talk to potential customes, there seems to be a high degree of loyalty to their current window cleaner. In this environment maybe it makes good business move to build the route by low-balling and gradually raise my prices, knowing full well that it may take years for my ‘regulars’ to get established. I suspect that price shopping first and second year customers will drop off as prices go up.

Eric

If you lived in my area, I’d break your F***ing legs if I saw you in my account low balling!
Don’t be like that;)

If you don’t have a route, do you do residential or are you just getting started? Either way, your probably better off doubling your compitetion’s prices then lowballing, believe it or not.

1. I don’t agree, find a unique sector in your market.
  2. There usually is. Relationships are commonly established.
  3. And when you’re established guess what happens. Yep, that new cheap window cleaner takes your work.
  4. Price shoppers will drop you as quick as they took you on.