Most Efficient Flyer Distribution Method

My flier distribution bill looks like this usually…

€60…(around $98 going by present monetary values)…per 1000 fliers distributed.

I find that a distribution of less than 5000 fliers just isn’t effective enough so i go for anything between 5000 and 10000…

€60 by 5=€300 ($477)

Printing costs €310 ($492) for 5000 a5 flyers

Total cost…€610…($969) for flyers in the door of 5000 houses.

Average job= $150 profit.

So i break even if 4 of the potentiall 5000 customers take me up on my service offers.
(or .0008% of targeted houses)

Doesn’t always work but majority of the time works very well…

Like that works out at cost of 12c (19c) per house which i think is reasonable.

what do you pay?

Wah!

This is an open forum. I can post as I see fit. I’m sure you’ll agree that you have done the same on occasion when it suits you.

Your motives played no part in my replies.

We’re all in different places with different business models in different markets, though with similarities. We all have our own reality.

Disagreements on a variety of topics will take place. I was pointing out comments and trying to put things into perspective.

I am a one-man operation with available time to go door-to-door myself.

We’re all at different levels in this business, each level has it’s own thing different from the next. I have to go out and put fliers because I can’t just hire or pay someone commission YET, but I’m working on it. Never be to big to do the small things, or you fat head will blow up :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=djpic5;11754]

Isn’t that illegal in the U.S. to put flyers in a U.S. post mailbox?

Well i am a one man show myself also but i find that sometimes it just isn’t worth my time, distributing leaflets myself…Now on occasion i do carry out this job myself but for some people it is cheaper to delegate…

I takes me 7hrs+ to distribute 1000 fliers

As you can see from my previous post, it costs me around €110 per 1000 fliers…

If i have enough window cleaning work i can make make more money than that in the seven hours that i would spend distributing.

So i am getting a job out of the way while at the same time paying for my marketing…

i use a professional direct marketing firm…but there is no difficulty in finding some teenager to do the distribution of the fliers for half the cost of the direct marketing company…because effectively the direct marketing co. will just employ some kid to do it anyway.

The reference was to the newspaper holder below, I believe.

you can put it in the paper box???

Probably depends upon the views of the homeowner and the newspaper company.

Sorry I said anything. Carry on…

oh, i didn’t even look at that.

I mean by law, can you put a flier or something in the paper box???

Maybe stick fliers in the newspaper early in the morning to seem like they are supposed to be there :slight_smile:

I like to put them in high traffic areas where the rich and famous hang out
they dont last more than a day there but I will always get a call or two
I have also reduced my 8.5/11" to post card size adds high end gas stations are my first target,and I always end up spending $ when I do this
why not just do mailers?

Do the “Rich and Famous” really call a flimsy 8.5 x 11 piece of paper stapled to a telephone pole??? that is interesting to me.
How do you post your cards on “High End” gas stations???

I used to hang signs “We Buy Houses” for real estate investors in “rich” areas in the scary times of the night and in other areas that I could make a scary movie from…and the code enforcement has become so on top of things, it might last less then 12 hours in most parts of my demograph.

I will go there and get some gas and set a card on the pump somewhere,this type of advertising is loved or hated

night scoping sounds kinda crazy!

Were your fliers b/w? color? Pamphlet? Etc… direct mail?

I did B&W on neon paper, both sides, 2 per page. Cost per flier was about 5ents each + the time and gas to distribute them and a latte I bought my friend. I also traded WC service for copy service so depending on how you look at it, it could have cost less

Yes, just not in the mailbox or on it in such a way to interfere with the flag or opening (as I understand it).

Although I believe this statement is obvious and understood by most,
Thank you for iterating it.

Wow, this thread has got pretty crazy.

I will say this to ALL of you who own a business- Marketing is NEVER a waste of time. Sitting on this forum and bickering is not making anyone a dime, but some say that manual marketing endeavors are unwise?

It is funny how we talk about “wasting time” and what a business owner should and should not be doing… wasting time and doing what a GOOD business owner should not be doing.

The most efficient way to pass out fliers is to make sure the fliers have the right message to the right market. Everything else is trivial.

My fliers were full colour(and glossy)…a5 size…these were distributed to 5000 residences by a direct mailing distribution company.

So for that reason my leaflets cost more than yours €0.12c as apposed
to 5c per flier you paid.

I have used that same marketing plan as above a few times now.

Yes mine cost more, but i have to say they did get a good response.

By the way it is not as if i cannot do dirty work such as flier distribution myself…i have done so on many occasions…but i used the above service when i had a heavy workload and when it made more sense economically to work instead of go d2d.

If i had no work tomorrow and no source of income i would be the first on the streets knocking down doors.

I work for myself with no employees so this type of marketing is practically my only expense,after equip of course

[quote="“mikep,post:24,topic:1063”]

I used to rubber band them (rolled/rubber banded fliers) to the top part of the door clasp, in a manner that would not interfere with the opening. Then I got call one day from one town, the caller I D said U.S. govt and I had done fliers in three towns that day. The call was only from one town and I asked about the laws because my uncle worked for the usps for twenty years and said my methods were ok,(I also asked him about rubber banding it to the flag) but the postmaster informed me that nothing can be affixed to the usps box itself, however the post is not govt property. So now I push pin or rubber band them into anywhere I can on the post, or the newspaper box. I have never had a call from the newspaper company regarding this.

So a5 size is a half letter size paper! (I had to look it up to know)

Can anybody in the States recommend good (preferably inexpensive) ways to have nice fliers printed? (vistaprint?)And also the most economical ways of direct mailing? Are there ways to have them only mailed to certain target neighborhoods? How about ways of finding the neighborhoods of certain income ranges?

One of my clients does direct mailing to everybody in a zip code for .14$ each. He will mail a tri-folded letter sized paper/pamplet in an envelope. He only mails to one zip code a month though. Can you get these rates any other way or from an online service?

Sorry for all the questions… I know a lot of us would be gratefull if any of you have answers though.

EDIT: I think most of this post would be better suited Here

I also forgot to mention one of the ways I pass out fliers.

Some of you have “flier (flyer) distributors” in your area. They will put out your fliers with other ads/newspapers/whatever for very little cost.

It cost me about .o4 ea… I pay about $450 to get 5000 8 1/2 x 11 full color fliers [B]made[/B] [I]and[/I] [B]delivered[/B]

Just google that term in your target area and see what comes up.