My first WFP job

Here is a video of my first WFP job today.

My thanks go out to Chris and Alex for such great help with my purchase!

And thanks to Tory from Elite Window Washing in San Diego California for the hands-on training.

<object style=“height: 390px; width: 640px”><param name=“movie” value=“Bailey's Window Cleaning using a Water Fed Pole in Yucaipa California - YouTube”><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”><param name=“allowScriptAccess” value=“always”><embed src=“Bailey's Window Cleaning using a Water Fed Pole in Yucaipa California - YouTube” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“true” allowScriptAccess=“always” width=“640” height=“390”></object>

Nice video! What kind of pole was that? How long? Were you able to get that deck glass with the pole, or did you just reach over the top and squeegee it?

Cool video brutha!
Check your PM, I got somethin’ for ya.

That’s a 27’ Gardiner CLX

Nice video.

I knew he’d go with only the best!

Sweet video “Mr. Skin”. You’ve got a beautiful area to work in.
With experience and practice you’ll cut down your time by 2/3.
As an aside it was good to see one of your guys squeegeeing straight. Fanning is great when expedient, but it seems some think it should be done no matter what, even if it will take longer!

Who’s singing Wish You Were Here?

Woody,

I did get the deck glass with the pole. I have been doing that house quarterly for the past 2 years now. Using the pole cut my time in half. In the past I had to lean over the edge of the railing and squeegee them.

Tory,

Thanks my brotha! You are the best WFP teacher out there!

Dan,

Thanks for the comments! To be honest, I was a lot faster than what you see in the video. I was just working it for the camera. My son does like to squeegee straight and he is learning to fan. A friend of mine was signing “Wish you were here”. His name is Rob Michaels. He has played with the Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry. The track on the video is off an album I produced for him last year.

On a side note: I was really reluctant to take the leap into the WFP until I worked with Tory and I still think that on first story windows, I am much faster with a squeegee. With that said, I have been doing that house for two years and I usually complete the outside windows in 2 1/2 hours. With the WFP we got that time down to 1 1/2 hours and didn’t have to use a lift on the 32’ windows. We also didn’t have to hike the 28’ ladder up and down those hills!

Great video Brett! Welcome to the pure water revolution!

Thanks Tony! I’m excited about the prospects for the future!

Great video, I cleaned some windows yesterday the traditional way and man it sucked. Almost 4 years of waterfed and I would never go back.

I wonder about 2 things:

1. Does the water running down the walls tend to leave dirt streaks on the wall?

2. How much stress does using the poll put on your back?

Thanks…interesting video.

It can, I call them “clean streaks”, it’s the rest of the house that is dirty. Then I sell a house wash. Stress on back? I guess, more so between the shoulder blades, (for me), no worse than overworking your shoulder with traditional methods. WFP breaks up that routine too. I have 2 clients that won’t let me wfp their house due to the water/ dirt issue. One I half assed dropped, the other is a relative.

Thanks. If the rest of the house is dirty, the “clean streaks” could be a problem then. Does that get you
into pressure washing or do you just hose down the walls if necessary?

I find dirt streaks rare for my service area, a mix of rural homes, ranches, and subdivisions.

Using the stream from the pole’s hose usually resolves anything.

Like I said, it was only an issue with two homeowners, I thought their homes were fine. I do my house all the time and only wash the house once year if that. Stucco homes all 3. I see it more when I do say a yellow or white sided house that hasn’t been rinsed in a while. No one seems to mind the cleaner area under the glass.

1. Not really any issue here for my clients, I do spray off the dirt around and under the window if it seems really bad. But that’s just to make my window job look better when I am gone. :slight_smile:

2. Beats carrying a ladder around all day! Sure there is some stress, just need to keep arms and shoulders stretched and switch arms. Also when you learn to use a pole correctly you use your body more than your arms.

You just can’t beat WFP Merv :smiley:

+1000