My Schedule is a freaking mess

We have had so much freaking rain this month in Missouri. 9 Days so far in May have been completely rescheduled or disrupted due to rain. May is normally our strongest month, but we have pushed back about 30% of sales to June because of rain. The other thing it has effected is our call volume. I would say its down 60-70% because of so much rain in the forecast. I know this is part of having a seasonal business and no work has canceled just rescheduled but its frustrating. Rant Over…

4 Likes

You run multiple crews, right?

ya… killing my guys pay checks… so I’ve been trying to find misc stuff for them. The shop has never been more cleaned or organized!

4 Likes

If you got time to lean, then you got time to clean.

1 Like

I assume you are working Memorial Day then?

Same thing happened to me last year one week I only worked 12 hrs because of the rain. And my paychecks were all low for a month and a half

actually no. It’s a scheduled day off for my guys and its hard to get customers to schedule that day cause they are normally out of town.

1 Like

I feel you it has been the same here in May. I was just “ranting” to my wife last night about it… :wink:

7 days of rain here which is about normal but what has really messed up the schedule is wind storms (20+mph) in between the rain days.

we’ve had a little rain too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=642444672569663&id=428563067291159

I hear you man. Unfortunately got more rain coming your way. My client didn’t cancel this morning so I’m still going to go out.

1 Like

Is it still productive for you to go and just clean the interior windows? I usually do that instead if they allow it. I explain how this will allow me to do the exterior at my first opportunity and they won’t have to be home to meet me( unless screens have to be taken out from inside) people usually go for this.

2 Likes

Yup an usually there is a break in the rain so you more than likely could get the outsides done. Jus let them know any problems we will come back I would put a call in the next day to them. That way it’s the next day, ( " hi this is Majestic window cleaning just calling to see how everything looks" ). an they can’t call you a week from now to say hey there are spots

Pacific Northwest, working in the rain is part of the business. Job may run a bit slower but never stops.

2 Likes

Pacific Northwest (Columbia basin) when it rains (here) residential clients stop. But storefront and commercial rolls on! :wink:

1 Like

My schedule is backed up too. Just finished up some storefront work in the rain. My only days off have been rainy and snowy days. It’s been socially difficult, as most of my friends have weekends off.

That’s good man! I’m a single dude living in a condo, so I don’t really need to grow at an exorbitant pace, but am pretty amazed with what I can do with my current income. I’ll do 3-4 really long days at times to get one sunny day off. it’s been raining a lot more than usual, so hitting the driving range or a twilight 9 holes has been my outlet.

1 Like

Cool man. I’m not a big money / power guy, but appreciate what this business has taught me. I also like it, and don’t have anyone telling me what to do, which is a big part of it. A lot better money than I thought it would be, so that’s a bonus.

I talk too much about WC though, so this is a good outlet. My friends always tell me to shutup about windows.

1 Like