National Double Hung Price

WOW! 5X the price of the whole window job. Incredible. lol
Just add $3 to $5 per window, maybe $8 for really heavy dirt.
30 windows x $5 tracks = $150 add on to $12 windows is $360 + $150 = $510.
Goes pretty quick if you are organized; easy money.

1 Like

Trust me Garry , I have tried before . Iā€™m talking about these old milgard windows , they have a deep slim track . No vacuum can get that Nasty stuff down there . Other than that , Iā€™ll give a try for the right price :wink:

2 Likes

Las Vegas NV
Straight glass: $14
Glass +Screens: $17 (we use super thick everytime( similar stuff to screen magic))
Tracks are dusted and vacuumed with the cost. I tell them up front; ā€œwe do not clean tracks, we use a brush to do the dust over to one side and vacuum it up, not cleaning.ā€

1 Like

Several years later: Ground floor still $5 per pane, but thinking of raising to $6. 2nd floor per pane starts at $8 (thinking of raising to $9, and am currently charging more for larger windows), 3rd floor per pane and roof walking to access a pane starts at $12 (think of raising to $13, am currently charging more for larger windows). Sometimes add $15 to $20 to total price if access is particularly steep and/or trees are in the way.

Screens are $5 to $6, tracks still $1 to $3.

1 Like

Same here, my estimate says sill wipe down. Not vacuuming or anything to do with QTips

In a HCOL area but this year Iā€™m up to $13 for ā€œstandard sizeā€ double hung including inside, outside, frame & sill wipe down. Screens are $4.50 and tracks are $5 for a brush, vacuum & wipe down. Iā€™ll probably push it up another 5-7% once I get a full two weeks booked out. Still a little bit slow for me right now.

Thatā€™s all for ā€œtypicalā€ sized windows. Larger DH and screens get bumped up a couple bucks.

I charge $1 my motto is work harder to make less

1 Like

SE Michigan
$13.50
$17.50
$21.50
And we up charge a little more for 2nd and 3rd stories.
Thinking about raising them more with everything going on this year.
What are your crews doing in a day? Weā€™re hoping to be doing $1000+ a day on average

1 Like

Southern Cali

$11 downstairs
$13 upstairs - I always clean screen and tracks. Nobody wants to open their clean windows to see a dirty track.

Note: where I live pretty much everyone has vinyl windows, which I believe are much harder to get away with not cleaning tracks compared to wood/aluminum.

2 Likes

I typically give a price and leave it for two years then raise it a few dollars each year after. Since the being took office inflation is up roughly 14.5%!!!

I know it has only been a couple months since i posted this years prices but Iā€™m already feeling that i need to raise prices again!

Nationwide since February of last year and more specifically November of 2021:
Gas is up 38-50% and most of my supplies are up 15-25% and laborers are wanting, and rightfully so, a raise. Since I moved to town 7 years ago rent is up nearly 100%; my rent went up 13% last year and they said to expect at least 9% this year. I canā€™t make it the whole year with a ~5% increase with things going this way!

I may need to go to double hung $16/$19/$21 with no deep cleaning. and raise prices with current inflating and not based on old 2% model.

Iā€™m considering going back into education or another field because my realtors are taking bubble bust. When only millionaires can afford to buy something isnā€™t right.

Do you do a basic wipe of the screen or track if you arenā€™t doing a screen wash or vacuuming track?

(Sorry for the post deletes, thought it would remove the post completely lol)

South Dakota

$10

$13

$17 (almost nobody asks, and if they do they are really bad)

Nope. Once in awhile if a customer asks we will for just a little bit extra.
Also we discount quarterly cleaning. Trying to push that a little more this year

Hello Infinity,
I used to have a business in Burlington and I had the same prices and also went with the 70% if outside only. Vermont is a window cleaning paradise!

1 Like